The Star Wars thread (includes spoilers for IX)

Quentin Taranbino

Is it wrong I've spent today watching the clone wars & rebels?

No, I quite enjoyed most of them, and I dare say I am older than yourself.

I see today Carrie Fisher has come out against people body shaming her in the latest Starwars movie. Some of that happened in this very thread when it was announced she was going to be in it. Certainly doesn't deserve the vitriol that has been handed to her. A woman in her 50s in not looking as good as she did in her 20s shocker. No such shaming was handed out to Harrison Ford or Mark Hamill.

Is it wrong I've spent today watching the clone wars & rebels?

clone wars is arguably one of the best shows ive watched imo, doesnt rip the arse out of it with long episodes, or has many bollocks storylines (there's a few though)

ive said it before, i think it does a great job of showing why anakin became such an absolute walloper between episodes 2 and 3 of the films, when RotS first came out i think everyone wondered just what made anakin become the p***k he was, the animated series at least shows some of the stuff he went through

I saw it in 3D and couldn't recommend it to anyone. It was the first 3D movie I had seen in a long time and all it really did was make the movie darker which was incredibly annoying. We got into the movie a minute or so before it started so my eyes were still adjusting to it for the title crawl so I was struggling to read it. Thankfully seeing it in 2D tomorrow.

Yup. I saw it in 3D initially and I didn't feel immersed as you should do. I saw it 2 days later in 2D and it was so much better. The difference in light quality and picture clarity was huge. Thankfully it was a cinema mistake and I didn't actually pay for 3D.

The Force Awakens should overtake Avatar at the top of the American box office in the day or so. It has grossed $742m thus far. Currently $18m behind Avatar, but will overtake it easily. Worldwide it still has a lot of work to do, it's sitting at $1.6bn worldwide. $1.2bn behind Avatar.

The Force Awakens should overtake Avatar at the top of the American box office in the day or so. It has grossed $742m thus far. Currently $18m behind Avatar, but will overtake it easily. Worldwide it still has a lot of work to do, it's sitting at $1.6bn worldwide. $1.2bn behind Avatar.

Still to see release in China, probably a few other Asian countries, don't see why it won't surpass the worldwide record.

Still to see release in China, probably a few other Asian countries, don't see why it won't surpass the worldwide record.

Supposedly Avatar only did $242m in China. So it will be interesting to see how it performs. Avatar certainly benefited from people just wanting to see a film in 3D. Bookies were offering 6/4 on it making more than $1.5bn.

'The First Order Retaliates'.

'Rey does Tatooine', after deciding the Jedi lifestyle really isn't for her after meeting up with Luke for a bit on Skellig Michael and deciding she would rather work as a stripper at Mos Eisley, leaving Disney with some interesting challenges where achieving that crucial PG13 rating is concerned.

'Rey does Tatooine', after deciding the Jedi lifestyle really isn't for her after meeting up with Luke for a bit on Skellig Michael and deciding she would rather work as a stripper at Mos Eisley, leaving Disney with some interesting challenges where achieving that crucial PG13 rating is concerned.

Are you commissioning for Return of Kings?

Been getting into the Clone Wars lately. Just finished the first series and enjoyed it with some great episodes although some were better than others.

Hope it gets better as it goes on.

yup, its fantastic throughout, some episodes are a dead duck but for the most part, it shows the clone wars brilliantly

wait till you watch "landing at point rain" in season 2, utterly fantastic storywriting

Are you commissioning for Return of Kings?

Had to google to find out what you meant. No, I responded to one non-serious joking suggestion that clearly isn't going to happen with another completely non-serious suggestion. There probably won't be yet another Death Star with a critical design flaw as that's been done to death so having recycled a lot of material from IV and V things now have to move in a new direction given slave costumes and Ewoks are not likely to make another appearance.

yup, its fantastic throughout, some episodes are a dead duck but for the most part, it shows the clone wars brilliantly

wait till you watch "landing at point rain" in season 2, utterly fantastic storywriting

Watched it last night. Brilliant battle.

Cad Bane is some boy.