The Star Wars thread (includes spoilers for IX)

Quentin Taranbino

TPM would have been redeemable with more Darth Maul and less pod racing and Gungans.

Let's face it you could put forward a case for that lightsaber battle being the best of all 6 films. The music certainly is and the way it's done is great. It's just a shame it's the only time you really see Maul in full flight.

Edited by Widge

This is going to come across as extremely petty but the one scene that really screwed with me as a kid was in ROTJ. It's during the battle on Endor and it's when Chewie swings on top of the AT-ST while yelling like Tarzan. As a kid I was completely emersed in the film upto that point and then I was like wtf? How the hell would a Wookie know about Tarzan?

TPM would have been redeemable with more Darth Maul and less pod racing and Gungans.

Let's face it you could put forward a case for that lightsaber battle being the best of all 6 films. The music certainly is and the way it's done is great. It's just a shame it's the only time you really see Maul in full flight.

duel of the fates is an outstanding piece of music,

Back then you couldn't pre book tickets for the cinema, so you actually had to queue. The queue's in Inverness were ridiculously long.

Brings back fond memories of the truly awful la scala cinema.

I was really annoyed we didn't get to see Han, Chewie, Leia and Lando sit down to have the chat with Vader at Cloud City. As a kid I thought they sat down and had a dinner etc before vader decides to hand them over to boba fett etc

Well I've got the right video for you then sir.

It also annoys me how much of a raw deal Uncle Owen got. He took in the kid of an absolute arsehole. The grandkid of the home help his Dad was shagging and gets barbecued for it.

The wee dick was even complaining about helping out on the moisture farm even though he had all the blue milk he could drink.

Poor Uncle Owen.

It also annoys me how much of a raw deal Uncle Owen got. He took in the kid of an absolute arsehole. The grandkid of the home help his Dad was shagging and gets barbecued for it.

The wee dick was even complaining about helping out on the moisture farm even though he had all the blue milk he could drink.

Poor Uncle Owen.

There was an good read on Den of Geek US about the unsung heroes, like Wedge Antilles who was pivotal in both Yemen and Endor, Biggs who grew up with Luke in the same environment, picked the fight against the empire of his own volition, and the motherfucking Green Leader taking out an entire star destroyer by himself that never got named in the film.

Edited by the jambo-rocker

There was an good read on Den of Geek US about the unsung heroes, like Wedge Antilles who was pivotal in both Yemen and Endor, Biggs who grew up with Luke in the same environment, picked the fight against the empire of his own volition, and the motherfucking Green Leader taking out an entire star destroyer by himself that never got named in the film.

The Empire seemingly can't build any kind of supersized war machine without giving it one weak spot that can be exploited by a one man fighter.