The Star Wars thread (includes spoilers for IX)

Quentin Taranbino

Watched the Mandalorian episode with the kids. My daughter was raging that Boba Fett wasn't in it. 
Seemed an odd episode. It should be in the other show. 
My son was about to give up on BoBF till I told him Boba Fett wasn't in it this week! We loved it and now just want more Mandalorian now!

2 hours ago, NotThePars said:

Watched both in a blur during the first lockdown and started rewatching Clone Wars slowly in 2021 as some podcasters I like began a podcast going through the show. It's a messy show for sure especially in the early seasons but it has some whoppers and great arcs throughout. Filoni also seems like a daft guy that loves what he does.

Aye for some reason the plot lines are split up over different series, the feature length film the made at the start (when anakin gets his padwan) is part of a 6 part storyline, one of them is the space battle with the cloaked ship and the other is the one where the clone trooper turns out to be a spy for the separatists, 

Its a good arc if watched in order, but a bit mental when its not

8 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

The luke bits were pish imo, i know they'll serve some part in grogu returning to mando at some point etc, but they could have expanded on other stuff instead, 

The shootout at the end, damn thats a tremendous character to bring to the show, 

One of the all time best.

12 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Starting to feel like Mando s2.5. Which isn't a bad thing.

It is when it's meant to be a different show 😆

2 episodes and he hasn't uttered a line, it's mental. They should have marketed it as a joint show somehow as it's became more about Mando and leading into his next season. 

Enjoying this so far. After the 3rd episode (what if Star Wars had the budget and direction of Dr Who) episode 4 was enjoyable. Episode 5 was superb even though it was really just an episode of the Mandalorian. Watched episode 6 last night and it was really good as well, had something in my eye at a few moments watching it.

For anyone who hasn't I would highly recommend watching the Clone Wars and the latest episode makes far more sense.

Full "DiCaprio pointing at screen" moment at the end there.

I only dipped in and out of the clone wars but even I was exactly like that!

2 hours ago, Baggio said:
2 hours ago, Ray Patterson said:
For anyone who hasn't I would highly recommend watching the Clone Wars and the latest episode makes far more sense.

I only dipped in and out of the clone wars but even I was exactly like that!

Same here. In the Bad Batch series as well if I recall correctly.

4 hours ago, Ray Patterson said:

Same, took a few seconds until you seen the hat then it was like "fucking hell he's here" 

Wonder what the time differences between the end of rebels and the mandalorian/boba series is, as ahsoka was going to find ezra at the end of rebels but now she's just kicking about doing f**k all it seems lol