The Star Wars thread (includes spoilers for IX)

Quentin Taranbino

• 3 weeks later...

I have enjoyed the BOBF.

Like someone mentioned I never really got the love for Boba Fett from the original films.
Granted there was some poor moments in the series but I don't really get the comments that it "isn't Star Wars". Things can develop. I am really enjoying the individual shows.

P.S. Get the Star Trek shit to it's own thread. Geeks.

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished BOBF

A strange show, first 4 episodes quite slow for me then got good when it became another show( basically season 2.5 of the mandalorian) 

A lot of what makes the mandalorian great was missing from this show,  Monster of the week on a new interesting location with good , interesting side characters. Boba fett just hung about tattooine which we have seen plenty of now. 

Fennec Shan’s a good character but not developed any. I don’t feel I know any more about her than I did watching the mandalorian. 

The most interesting thing boba fett did (taking over Jabbas empire) wasn’t even really shown, just talked about. From Sarlac Pitt to jabbas throne could have been an exciting series of television on its own. 

Was pleased when some of the side characters from the mandalorian showed up, not sure how excited I would be if BOBF characters were to show up in the next series of the mandalorian. The mods were all terrible actors .

The blue cowboy guy was by far the best BOBF character. Like any classic bad guy, had cool swagger and oozing with menace. I would have been happy for him to be a recurring villain and he didn’t get nearly enough screen time. Was very disappointed to see him killed off, but this is Star Wars so that doesn’t necessarily mean anything! 

1 hour ago, Merkie84 said:

Just finished BOBF

A strange show, first 4 episodes quite slow for me then got good when it became another show( basically season 2.5 of the mandalorian) 

A lot of what makes the mandalorian great was missing from this show,  Monster of the week on a new interesting location with good , interesting side characters. Boba fett just hung about tattooine which we have seen plenty of now. 

Fennec Shan’s a good character but not developed any. I don’t feel I know any more about her than I did watching the mandalorian. 

The most interesting thing boba fett did (taking over Jabbas empire) wasn’t even really shown, just talked about. From Sarlac Pitt to jabbas throne could have been an exciting series of television on its own. 

Was pleased when some of the side characters from the mandalorian showed up, not sure how excited I would be if BOBF characters were to show up in the next series of the mandalorian. The mods were all terrible actors .

The blue cowboy guy was by far the best BOBF character. Like any classic bad guy, had cool swagger and oozing with menace. I would have been happy for him to be a recurring villain and he didn’t get nearly enough screen time. Was very disappointed to see him killed off, but this is Star Wars so that doesn’t necessarily mean anything! 

Cad Bane!

Just finished BOBF

I'd put my house on Cad Bane returning.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

Please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please let it be as good as it looks

If its half as good as it looks it'll be comfortably better than the ST and tucked neatly in with Mando as the best thing Disney Star Wars has produced.

We get to see Vader being built like a Lego Sith Lord...how fucking awesome will that be!?

• 3 weeks later...

24 hours to go, still really excited for Obi Wan. Like a few others, I watched ROTS in preparation (I couldn’t face all 3 prequels), but I noticed something I hadn’t really clocked before.

How fucking rubbish are the three Jedi lads Mace Windu takes with him to arrest Palpatine? I know he’s one of, if not the most powerful Force users there is, but two of them die on the first swing, and the other only lasts because Mace blocks a couple of shots for him. No fucking wonder the Sith rose again

4 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

24 hours to go, still really excited for Obi Wan. Like a few others, I watched ROTS in preparation (I couldn’t face all 3 prequels), but I noticed something I hadn’t really clocked before.

How fucking rubbish are the three Jedi lads Mace Windu takes with him to arrest Palpatine? I know he’s one of, if not the most powerful Force users there is, but two of them die on the first swing, and the other only lasts because Mace blocks a couple of shots for him. No fucking wonder the Sith rose again

Yes! I've said this multiple times! They are shit! They just stand there and let Palpatine jump/spin towards them and then swing at them without even putting up their lightsabers! Daft wee shitebags. I bet the younglings put up more fight when Vader went to batter them.