The Star Wars thread (includes spoilers for IX)

Quentin Taranbino

Didn't mind the character in fairness. Just think they could've used him better and not thrown him in fairly pointlessly in my opinion.

He was built up so well in the clone wars, just to be a rather pointless foe in the movie. Apparently lucas wanted Gary Oldman to voice him, would have been interesting

He was built up so well in the clone wars, just to be a rather pointless foe in the movie. Apparently lucas wanted Gary Oldman to voice him, would have been interesting

That's why then. Still haven't seen the clone wars but will get around to eventually.

this, grievous is outstanding in the clone wars, even count dooku actually gives the impression of a sith lord instead of his piss poor parts in the movies

My concern over Carrie Fisher extends to Mark Hammill also. I'm basing this entirely on Karen Allen's appearance in IJ4. Like Allen, they have both kept themselves out of the immediate media glare, doing voice work, theatre and very small scale appearances. For years.

Allen looked like a rabbit in the headlights and, despite all the will in the world on my part, was rubbish. I'm really hoping bringing back the actors from the original trilogy isn't a cringey mistake. To be fair to Karen Allen, she had a bit part in a CGI clusterfuck of a mess. Unfortunately, the chances of a Star Wars movie that doesn't involve headache-inducing green screen acting are very, very slim.

I'm fine with him being it assuming it's a fairly minimal role i.e Involved in a council/training some young jedi/showing up at the end etc. Same goes for Ford and Fisher etc, would love to see them have small supporting roles but they are too old now for the most of the action based stuff which I assume will take up the the bulk of the film

I'm fine with him being it assuming it's a fairly minimal role i.e Involved in a council/training some young jedi/showing up at the end etc. Same goes for Ford and Fisher etc, would love to see them have small supporting roles but they are too old now for the most of the action based stuff which I assume will take up the the bulk of the film

if the expanded universe is even remotely used then both ford and fisher arent too old, infact in the time period where both their children are adults they are still heavily involved in plotlines, hamill not so much though once he has rebuilt the jedi way of life

How old was Christopher Lee? Dooku was pretty believable as anything was in that prequel trilogy. I can't see Mark Hamill or Carrie Fisher being given large roles in the story mainly as they have largely been inactive actors. Harrison Ford has been pretty active throughout the last ten years and at least will still have match practise so to speak. I think that was largely the problem with Karen Allen in Indy IV. She wasn't a good actress to start with, but the character in the original film was so lovable.

I am not even that excited about the new trilogy. I am not a big fan of JJ Abrams so my expectations will be very low. The stand alone character films I am excited about. Getting certain directors to make one off films about the characters first introduced in the original trilogy would be brilliant. A largely special effects free Nolan film would be interesting,

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to see Mark Hamill in it purely because his character was Luke Skywalker and not because I like him as an actor. As long as he doesn't touch a lightsaber.

I'd love a plot where Luke has fallen to the darkside(like in those books about the reborn emperor, and like becomes his apprentice) Hamill has shown in his voice acting work he can do a pretty good sinister character, recast the emperor as a younger man(part of the perks of rebirth)

Since Hamill is too old to throw a lightsaber around they could have him using monstrous force powers(think force unleashed) perks of being the son of the chosen one.

I'd love a plot where Luke has fallen to the darkside(like in those books about the reborn emperor, and like becomes his apprentice) Hamill has shown in his voice acting work he can do a pretty good sinister character, recast the emperor as a younger man(part of the perks of rebirth)

Since Hamill is too old to throw a lightsaber around they could have him using monstrous force powers(think force unleashed) perks of being the son of the chosen one.

Although this would be good, I think the way episode 6 finished means that Luke going to the dark side isn't very likely.

Although this would be good, I think the way episode 6 finished means that Luke going to the dark side isn't very likely.

True, but in the canon books he does fall to the dark side, he experiences both sides of the force and if I'm not mistaken he attempts to create a new Jedi order that isn't just pure light, once that realises that unless you respect and understand the dark, it could take hold of you and you could lose yourself.

• 2 weeks later...

Just watching A New Hope again as it's on TV and just realised how dumb Obi Wan is to spark up his lightsaber in a crowded pub when he knows the empire are looking for them.

Must have known in advance that he was getting in the fastest ship in the galaxy so gave up giving a f**k. :P

• 1 month later...