The Star Wars thread (includes spoilers for IX)

Quentin Taranbino

The X-wing/Falcon/Tie Fighter shots will turn out to be from a battle simulator scene and we'll be subjected to two and a half hours of a galaxy governed by effing ewoks or goofy racial stereotypes.

A return for Jar Jar? (shudder)

i have been trying so hard not to watch the teaser, such a long time till the film release... but i folded, oooh i am giddy like a wee schoolgirl, in the short snap it seems to have gone back to the recognisable original format.

Certainly for me the prequals were a shadow of the original trilogy, and a bit of a let down. If they get this right it will hopefully gel better.

I suppose for older fans they are lucky as the expectation level has been dropped.

roll on next december :)

I've just read through some comments on this thread.

Folk were seriously suggesting that the voice in the trailer sounded like Samuel L Jackson?! Are you fucking stupid?! It sounds absolutely nothing like him. I genuinely can't see where folk got that from. The guy has a very distinctive voice.

Not to mention Mace Windu is dead.

I was about to say 'Yes' but then I realised what you were getting at.

But Mace Windu was actually a pretty unimportant character in the films, so there is no need or reason to have him kicking around as a 'force ghost'.

Arrrgh wish I hadn't read that! As I started reading I knew I should have stopped but couldn't. Hopefully I will have forgotten most of it in a year's time

I avoided it but a mate mentioned a "non-spoilery" spoilers from it - the context in which the film takes place. That's something I've been interested about and if SpoilerMan is to be believed then the context is pretty much what I expected.

Also:

Rumours abound that Oscar Isaac's character is called "Darklighter". Relation to Biggs perhaps? A nice reference is nothing else.

Hopefully a little prologue which succinctly details the hours of pain Jar Jar entailed when he was skullfucked by the entire ewok population before being fed to a pack of rancors.

I always assumed he died a horrible death between eps 3 and 4 - like the twins, Yoda and Obi-Wan split him in two and sent the bits to opposite ends of the universe.

What is the average life expectancy of a gungan? Maybe he just died of old age. I would like to think though that Darth Vader took his Super Star Destroyer to Naboo and just comitted a spot of genocide on the gungan species.

In the force unleashed game there was a gungan encased in carbonate inside an imperials camp.

I hope it was jar jar and they just failed to release him

Jar Jar to thaw out naturally & open a can of whuppass gungun stylee, mesasay? LOL