The Star Wars thread (includes spoilers for IX)

Quentin Taranbino

both master and apprentice were killed in RotJ

I dont think its sith, i think its a force ghost talking to luke, perhaps anakin

I'm well aware of the events of ROTJ. But there will clearly be Sith in this one. Like the one seen in the trailer. The tone and choice of words certainly don't suggest a 'Force Ghost' talking to Luke. I think it's pretty obvious it's a Sith.

I see what you're getting at but these films won't have anything to do with the books. I think we can consider dead for good.

Oh aye, I don't think it is him, just that for a brief moment it sounds a bit like him. Whether that's deliberate or not i don't know.

Watched it a few times now. Love the slightly sleeker stormtrooper armour, love the x wings. I even love the lightsabre.

The Falcon is the money shot though. That's the bit where I'm like "YAAASSSSS!!!! FUCKIN STAR WARS!!!!"

Edited by KnightswoodBear

On first view it does look good but this is only seconds. It also immediately has the feel of the recent Star Trek films, which is a good thing.

The prequels were mostly terrible kids films and hopefully this will go some way to rescuing the series.

The best one yet was empire strikes back and the dark side kicked ass. More of this please.

Nice. With TIE Fighters and X Wings featuring, it'll be interesting to see what sides there are for them to be on.

I think there's no chance that Han, Leia or Luke will be killed off. In the books when Chewie was killed, the writer was sent death threats! So imagine what those types of nutters would do if one of the three main characters of not just the films, but everything Star Wars encompasses. Talking of Chewie, he's in these films isn't he?

The voice was clearly that of a Sith. But what one? The films state there must always be 2; Master and Apprentice. The books show that isn't the case (in later books there are a whole tribe of them) but the films have nothing to do with the books (unlike vice versa).

The Falcon is always damaged. Why would it be a massive leap of faith that they had repaired it? The Falcon is far from the only YT1300 Light Freighter so spare parts wouldn't be too difficult to come by.

I thought the whole thing about there being two was only a minimum requirement. After all, how could they be fighting for thousands of years if it was only two sith against hundreds of Jedi?

I get your point about the falcon, but try telling that to those nutters. Apparently there's some rectangular part that should be a circle now (or vice versa). If I was a director I don't think id have the patience for these people

The Falcon is the money shot though. That's the bit where I'm like "YAAASSSSS!!!! FUCKIN STAR WARS!!!!"

Agree!!!Have to admit to a little but of wee coming out when the Falcon appeared and did that signature barrel roll manoeuvre!!!

Think the voice sounded like Samuel L. Jackson, will have to rewatch!!!

Edited by King Kebab

Thought the teaser was brilliant and I'm ridiculously excited for this. You see the x-wings skimming the the water and think WOW but then the theme kicks in and you see the falcon in full dog fight with two tie fighters, I'll be honest I got moist at that point.

I've watched the trailer / teaser countless times now. It looks awesome. The Millennium Falcon was an obsession when I was a kid and great to see it again.

I'm sorta sure the voice is Andy Serkis, especially the bit at the start with 'There's been an awakening ... Have you felt it?'

It certainly wasn't Samuel L Jackson. Expanded Universe doesn't exist in film universe.

The Sith could have survived as in the cartoon series Clone Wars Darth Maul survived, Disney confirmed that the only stories that would be used would include the films and the two cartoon series' Clone Wars and Rebels. Plus as it featured in the Clone Wars the dark force witches of Dathomir became usable.

Edited by Loki