The Star Wars thread (includes spoilers for IX)

Quentin Taranbino

Am I being thick here? Isnt that him putting his hand on R2, about 1:40 in?

You assume so, but other than his voice on the first trailer, he's not been in any of the promotional stuff at all.

edit: I'm not saying this is a bad thing. Quite the opposite in fact. I'd love it if they're holding something massive back, like he's gone a bit crazy and turned to the dark side, for example.

Edited by KnightswoodBear

I think it was the casting and the promotional set photos, showing Adam Driver as Kylo Ren, which lead me to conclude that Mark Hamill/Luke Skywalker is not Kylo Ren.

He might have some involvement with the character, sure, but Luke Skywalker won't actually be him.

I can't see Luke being involved with Ren, if anything Ren has defeated Luke and forced him into hiding, most this movie might be about him starting to slowly show face again.

Edited by mizfit

Exceptional stuff. Genuinely felt slightly emotional when you see the Falcon and strains of the original music were playing.

Not only is Luke not Kylo Ren, but you clearly see Adam Driver as Kylo Ren at 1.01 in the trailer. Also Luke Skywalke is in Episode VIII, which has already began shooting.

Luke isn't the only one not in that trailer. General Hux (Dormhal Gleeson), Supreme Leader Snoke (Andy Serkis), the character Max von Sydow is playing and C3PO aren't in it either. So I wouldn't read too much to Luke not being in it.

Oh, and I may have mentioned this before, but HAN FUCKING SOLO!

Exceptional stuff. Genuinely felt slightly emotional when you see the Falcon and strains of the original music were playing.

Not only that, but the way it's swooping back and forward towards the screen is almost a direct shot for shot lift from the asteroid belt in Empire.

I got excited.

Not only is Luke not Kylo Ren, but you clearly see Adam Driver as Kylo Ren at 1.01 in the trailer. Also Luke Skywalke is in Episode VIII, which has already began shooting.

Luke isn't the only one not in that trailer. General Hux (Dormhal Gleeson), Supreme Leader Snoke (Andy Serkis), the character Max von Sydow is playing and C3PO aren't in it either. So I wouldn't read too much to Luke not being in it.

Oh, and I may have mentioned this before, but HAN FUCKING SOLO!

Thats what we've just been talking about at work. Episodes 1 to 3, in addition to being shite films, just dont feel like Star Wars movies. This one 100% does. Even if its a bad movie its still going to be an enjoyable Star Wars experience

Thats what we've just been talking about at work. Episodes 1 to 3, in addition to being shite films, just dont feel like Star Wars movies. This one 100% does. Even if its a bad movie its still going to be an enjoyable Star Wars experience

Good post. Fully agree. It just looks different and looks like a Star Wars movie, if you know what I mean. The prequels just had a different 'texture' to them, if I'm making any sense.

Luke is very noticeable by his absence from the posters and trailers so far.

I like that they're giving away almost nothing about the plot itself other than the obvious. I'd be happy if we see nothing else till it's released.

Absolutely.

I know you should never cross the streams of Star Wars and Star Trek, but watch this one from ST: Generations. The entire plot is revealed. In fact, the trailer was better than the film.