The Star Wars thread (includes spoilers for IX)

Quentin Taranbino

I genuinely don't think they'd be allowed to f**k it up. The first 3 movies get absolutely panned. They wouldn't want that again.

JJ Abrams stuff has been OK. Super8, the first star trek and the last 2 mission impossible movies were all decent.

The lack of Luke in this trailer is making me worry they are gonna kill him off, if anyone knows please keep it to themselves lol

Am I being thick here? Isnt that him putting his hand on R2, about 1:40 in?
Could Luke be doing the same exile/hermit thing that Yoda did?Reckon that was his artificial hand in the trailer.

Anyone actually ken whit this is going to be about yet?

Aye. The First Order (who I assume absorbed the Galactic Empire), lead by Supreme Snoke who has Kylo Ren, General Hux and Captain Phasma working under him, are trying to wipe out the Resistance, who are what the Rebel Alliance have become. They have a superweapon base, Starkiller Base, which is their main center of operations.

Finn, a former Stormtrooper in the First Order, finds himself drawn towards Rey after he crash lands on the planet Jakku. Both are most likely force sensitive (Finn has Anakin Skywalker's lightsaber) but don't realise it, and they join with the Resistance to fight against the First Order. Han Solo, Chewbacca, Princess Leia, and C3PO are all prominent members of the Resistance. Poe Daemeron is a promiment X-Wing pilot in the Resistance.

That's the backdrop, but the real stories will be finding out who Rey, Finn and Kylo Ren are (or were). Luke Skywalker is seemingly a recluse now with R2D2, and their identities are surely linked to him in some way. Rey is someone who, much like Luke Skywalker, always yearned for more and deep down always knew there was something different about her. Finn believes he was born to be a fighter, but feels he has nothing to fight for as he becomes opposed to the ideals of the First Order. Kylo Ren is a member of the Knights of Ren, about which little is known. His past is surely going to be revealing. It looks like he could be the 'Apprentice' of Supreme Leader Snoke. He is obsessed with Darth Vader and wants to finish what he started, which we can surmise is to wipe out the Jedi. It's not clear if he is using the First Order to help him achieve this or if he believes in their ideals.

Look's more like the bionic hand Anakin had in the prequels than the one Luke had re-watching it.

Didn't Luke's hand have artificial flesh over it as well?

it did have artificial flesh, however this movie is set 30-40 years after the events of ROTJ? For all we know it's general wear and tear, or he's removed the skin as a reminder of Anakins arm, we never seen Luke's arm without the flesh on it.

Anyways upon review of the trailers again I have in my opinion a rough idea of what Luke has been doing.

Luke is guarding something from the first order, an ancient weapon or being IMO, the planet certainly looks fiery, which automatically suggests Mustafar and not another world. He might have attempted to stop Kylo Ren's master before but failed and went into self imposed exile, meditating and being guided by his father and Obi Wan. I certainly can't see him being a big character in this movie, more likely to be episode 8, imo.

Bet you the rebels win and the empire lose

But take a kicking in the second film.

This will be on the ice planet like Hoth. The black guy will escape and land on Luke's planet and he will train him. He will come back and defeat him then realise he's Luke's son and go to a cloud planet.