Car advice

I'm a lazy b*****d so just went for option with least hassle and unknown costs in future. As folk have said, it's not for everyone but can give you a newish car at a set cost. I was the same as you in that I thought handing over the money with nothing to show for it at the end was madness but once I looked at what I could get for six grand I changed my mind. At that price point, if you get something mid sized you are buying at the age it could turn into a money pit. Couple of hundred quid bills and you are no better off than if you leased and in four years time the car will be worth f**k all anyway.

I'm a lazy b*****d so just went for option with least hassle and unknown costs in future. As folk have said, it's not for everyone but can give you a newish car at a set cost. I was the same as you in that I thought handing over the money with nothing to show for it at the end was madness but once I looked at what I could get for six grand I changed my mind. At that price point, if you get something mid sized you are buying at the age it could turn into a money pit. Couple of hundred quid bills and you are no better off than if you leased and in four years time the car will be worth f**k all anyway.

Yeah I agree, I still went to see the Clio but the boot is way too small and we didn’t even bother test driving it. It was pretty awkward as neither of us knew what we wanted from the deal so we weren’t really going to get anywhere. I’ll look more into it this week.

Where did you get your deal?

13 minutes ago, throbber said:

Yeah I agree, I still went to see the Clio but the boot is way too small and we didn’t even bother test driving it. It was pretty awkward as neither of us knew what we wanted from the deal so we weren’t really going to get anywhere. I’ll look more into it this week.

Where did you get your deal?

A blind man running for a bus could've told you about the size of the boot.

I can see [mention=40259]throbber[/mention]car purchasing dragging on as long as [mention=14721]1320Lichtie[/mention] flat purchasing. 

I’m a very indecisive man in almost every aspect of my life.

Genuinely frightening to think there are people who walk amongst us who are paying 6 K for 5 year old Clio's.

The missus just bought a 2013 Kia Rio for 6.5K and 25K miles which still has 2 years left on the warranty.

She ditched her Clio as the electrics were a nightmare and you couldn't use the air con as the rattling of the loose plastic parts were unbearable.

Buying a cheap second hand run around for the family really is an afternoons work 

5 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Genuinely frightening to think there are people who walk amongst us who are paying 6 K for 5 year old Clio's.

The missus just bought a 2013 Kia Rio for 6.5K and 25K miles which still has 2 years left on the warranty.

She ditched her Clio as the electrics were a nightmare and you couldn't use the air con as the rattling of the loose plastic parts were unbearable.

Buying a cheap second hand run around for the family really is an afternoons work 

I bought a Skoda Citigo in much less than that last month. (My lack of interest in cars is well documented). An hour or so on the internet. I had a few to go and see, went to that first and agreed terms in about 10 minutes.

Conversation went like this.

I've come to see the Skoda, but I see the Suzuki is newer and cheaper. 

Aye but they're shite, I'd get the Skoda if I was you.

Are you sure, how much will you give me for the old one?

£400.00

Aye, ok.

You can pick it up tomorrow if  you want.