Car advice

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Looking to get 6 tyres fitted (4 on one car and 2 on the other) how much should I be looking at to get a local company to fit these, balance and dispose of the old ones if I supplied the tyres?

Get an online quote from blackcircles, then another from national tyres, that'll give you an idea of what £ to expect.

Just now, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

Get an online quote from blackcircles, then another from national tyres, that'll give you an idea of what £ to expect.

Black circles were £200 more for the exact same tyres so I imagine I can get them fitted for cheaper.

1 hour ago, Empty It said:

Black circles were £200 more for the exact same tyres so I imagine I can get them fitted for cheaper.

Therein lies the difficulty. The sellers of tyres make a profit on the tyres as well as the mount and balance, so they might increase the price a wee bit to compensate.

1 hour ago, Empty It said:

Looking to get 6 tyres fitted (4 on one car and 2 on the other) how much should I be looking at to get a local company to fit these, balance and dispose of the old ones if I supplied the tyres?

Twenty quid, max. 

1 hour ago, jimbaxters said:

It's not always obvious reading your posts that  you're a lassie but on this occasion...

It is just possible that some athletes from Wichita State University are involved…not sure about the mountains.

2 hours ago, Empty It said:

£20 to £25 but a lot of places won't fit customer supplied tyres as they don't want to risk being held accountable if there is any manufacturing defect with the tyres so you might need to phone around a few places.

11 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

It's not always obvious reading your posts that  you're a lassie but on this occasion...

I happily admit it's the one area of life where having a bloke about would be useful.

1 minute ago, jimbaxters said:

We'll leave it there. Don't want to make a mounting out of a molehill 😉

It's the mechanic who referred to it as a mountain btw. 

Talking of mountings......

15 hours ago, Empty It said:

In my area, £20 is the max I've been quoted. 

I gave that a miss, and went for the £12.50 quote from another place.  Next time, it had gone up to £15. 

Last time, it was back down to £12.50.

Phone around.

And for 6 tyres, I'd go for the haggle.  My embarrassment threshold is usually around 10% in a face to face encounter.

Edited by beefybake