Car advice

Nothing outrageous on there, coil packs are a common fault on all makes of car. Rear pads normally last for ages as they do a lot less work than the front ones. 

Tyres are just one of those things, they wear out or get damaged and its quite rear you have 4 the same. 

2 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Nothing outrageous on there, coil packs are a common fault on all makes of car. Rear pads normally last for ages as they do a lot less work than the front ones. 

Tyres are just one of those things, they wear out or get damaged and its quite rear you have 4 the same. 

Two winter and two summer though.....

Just now, RH33 said:

Two winter and two summer though.....

Thats fine, the issue will be having the winters on the front in the Summer, as the wear out quicker than normal tyres when the roads are dry.

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Thats fine, the issue will be having the winters on the front in the Summer, as the wear out quicker than normal tyres when the roads are dry.

Aye he's moving them to the back.

28 minutes ago, RH33 said:

Aye he's moving them to the back.

If that’s the case, and like you said it’s just front brakes and a pair of tyres in a little while, that sounds pretty good.

Will Kia warranty the coil?

Coil should be covered it's not really a wear and tear part. Although I think coil packs need to be changed on 10 year services with some manufacturers but you're well within that time frame. 

For me anyway winter tyres are mot essential, I know the benefits but considering we live on an island with a mostly mild and damp climate general tyres do fine. 

10 hours ago, scottsdad said:

That sounds a lot to me @RH33 for a car that's pretty new.

I don't get the summer tyres/winter tyres thing. In Scotland tyres tend to be all year round. 

£100 before the tyres. That'll be being taken up with Dickson's later and they can arrange four new tyres. 

Not that it still annoys me or anything......but car passed its MOT today.

That's third MOT and servicing since Macklin Motors told me I needed to change all the brake sets on a 2 year old car that hadn't even done 9k miles - which I obviously didn't do.

Shysters!

Edited by PWL

1 minute ago, PWL said:

That's third MOT and servicing since Macklin Motors told me I needed to change all the break sets on a 2 year old car that hadn't even done 9k miles - which I obviously didn't do.

Shysters!

Lucky brake for you.

34 minutes ago, PWL said:

That's third MOT and servicing since Macklin Motors told me I needed to change all the brake sets on a 2 year old car that hadn't even done 9k miles - which I obviously didn't do.

Shysters!

Let me borrow it and it'll be a write off within 45 miles.

The wife is in a panic. Her car apparently isn't going into gear easily, and keeps sticking. And as she is away, our normal garage is a no go. She doesn't want to drive it home till it is fixed. 

Her pal is recommending a garage near her to look at it, but I have no clue if they are any good, or rip off merchants, or actual good guys. 

2 hours ago, scottsdad said:

The wife is in a panic. Her car apparently isn't going into gear easily, and keeps sticking. And as she is away, our normal garage is a no go. She doesn't want to drive it home till it is fixed. 

Her pal is recommending a garage near her to look at it, but I have no clue if they are any good, or rip off merchants, or actual good guys. 

Can of Coke under the clutch pedal?

What's the gear change like with the engine off?

59 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

What's the gear change like with the engine off?

Literally what I asked her. If she were here we'd have this sorted by now. At times she imagines problems with the car that don't really exist.