Car advice

@alta-pete so parked, into shop buy goods (non sexual) get in car and lights up but refuses to start.

Tried couple more times. Nope.

Walk to Halfords see if they could check battery (dunno seemed good idea) no one on shift.

Got back in car and it started.

FML

12 minutes ago, RH33 said:

@alta-pete so parked, into shop buy goods (non sexual) get in car and lights up but refuses to start.

Walk to Halfords see if they could check battery (dunno seemed good idea) no one on shift.

FML

Any clicking when you tried to start it? Key or button?

16 minutes ago, RH33 said:

FML

I’m thinking rogue electric connection somewhere. Don’t even begin to try start looking for it. It could be anywhere. Just one of those lovely little quirks you will come to learn and love. 

4 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Any clicking when you tried to start it? Key or button?

And you f**k off AI bot. You’re not about to start cutting my grass. 

15 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

I’m thinking rogue electric connection somewhere. Don’t even begin to try start looking for it. It could be anywhere. Just one of those lovely little quirks you will come to learn and love. 

There's only one car expert for me on here!

32 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

Not interested in the yard work…but newer cars with all their electronics are nasty about no click no start for random reasons. Agree that fiddling is more likely to make it harder to find /fix.

18 minutes ago, RH33 said:

There's only one car expert for me on here!

Where is the Sergeant?

On 05/10/2023 at 19:28, RH33 said:

FML

Could be the start of the starter motor going belly up.

My push-button-start car did that every now and then for about a year then the starter motor finally gave up the ghost.

10 hours ago, Loonytoons said:

Could be the start of the starter motor going belly up.

My push-button-start car did that every now and then for about a year then the starter motor finally gave up the ghost.

I was sure I had a problem with mine the other day - it's only 3 months old so I was a tad concerned.  Every time I hit the start button it just clicked even though the power was on - the panel was illuminated etc.  The wife then suggested I hit the brake pedal rather than the accelerator when I push the start button (it's an automatic).  F**k knows why I was hitting the gas rather than brake. 

Exhaust filter warning light has come on saying filter 100% full on 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Car has been noticeably noisier for a while and did ask Jeep dealer to have a look into it when they did it’s last service which was just 3 weeks before the warning light came on so a bit pissed off they didn’t check the exhaust filter as the % full reading must’ve been high.

Got a tuning company out who would clean the filter as was due to go on holiday but they couldn’t get to the filter due to the proximity to the gearbox and the car has had some significant long runs including some at high revs. While the car says it is self cleaning the warning message/light is still permanently on and the car has no poke at all compared to normal which I think is due to the self cleaning mode.

Booked into the dealer this week but just interested in what is likely to be required - can filter be cleaned or will it need replaced, is that likely to be the cause of the recent noisy diesel running sounds and should the dealer have picked this up when I mentioned it when it was serviced.

Cheers for any feedback.

Supposedly a Jeep DPF is a cleanable item, with most Jeep forums suggesting a clean at the 100-150k mile mark. The vehicle is likely in limp mode, which explains the lack of power. Several hundred quid at a dealer is likely.

Edited by TxRover

3 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Supposedly a Jeep DPF is a cleanable item, with most Jeep forums suggesting a clean at the 100-150k mile mark. The vehicle is likely in limo mode, which explains the lack of power. Several hundred quid at a dealer is likely.

giphy.gif

17 hours ago, TxRover said:

Supposedly a Jeep DPF is a cleanable item, with most Jeep forums suggesting a clean at the 100-150k mile mark. The vehicle is likely in limp mode, which explains the lack of power. Several hundred quid at a dealer is likely.

image.jpeg.6ed7471c2c996e72b1f29f583ed8b68a.jpeg