Facts you made up

Mak

Jim White was initially hired by STV to be a Scotland Today weather presenter but refused to use a green screen, hence he was shoehorned into the sports slot to avoid the sack, despite knowing nothing about sport.

9 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Jim White was initially hired by STV to be a Scotland Today weather presenter but refused to use a green screen, hence he was shoehorned into the sports slot to avoid the sack, despite knowing nothing about sport.

Weather men who have to stand in front of a green screen are advised not to wear green - the effect can be quite unusual.
In that sense, Jim White would have been an ideal weather man.
Then again, we would probably get "Tomorrow will be gloomy - we just lost to Celtic"

Little known fact about Susie Dent (dictionary corner - countdown) was not only a thicko at 14 years of age but was rather hard, she was the southern counties under 16 kick boxing champion, stated to get a team place in the Commonwealth Games but forced out by a broken nose from a bout against Naga Munchetty's older sister, Slama. 

The broken nose was to be the catalyst in her educational rise to her current position, whilst recuperating from the injury, Slama  jokingly bet her she couldn't read the dictionary. 

Hey-Ho there began her love of words. 

Grimbo 

A recent survey of teenagers in Aberdeen, South Dakota revealed that 35% were unable to name a single city in Scotland.
Surveys in Glasgow, Montana and Inverness, Florida came up with similar results.

However, teenagers in  Dundee, Alaska performed much better.  More than half of them said Perth.

13 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

A recent survey of teenagers in Aberdeen, South Dakota

Which was the area where golfer Payne Stewart's Learjet crashed in 1999... and I'm watching a programme about it at this very moment. Did you see it?

4 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Which was the area where golfer Payne Stewart's Learjet crashed in 1999... and I'm watching a programme about it at this very moment. Did you see it?

I haven't seen the programme but I did know about it.
I also remember seeing Payne Stewart playing at Gleneagles not the long before it happened.

32 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

I haven't seen the programme but I did know about it.
I also remember seeing Payne Stewart playing at Gleneagles not the long before it happened.

Thought the programme's mention of the crash site might have inspired your post. Just a spooky coincidence then...

30 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Thought the programme's mention of the crash site might have inspired your post. Just a spooky coincidence then...

A recent survey found the spooky coincidences happen more often in October than any other month.
Nobody knows why.

On 22/10/2016 at 10:33, D.A.F.C said:

Prince Philip writes lyrics for Stormzy.

Philip is not the only member of that family to write lyrics,

Charles wrote the words and music for the Michael Jackson hit 'Dirty Diana',

The Prince of Pop, long time friend of the equally regal the Prince of Wales, loved the  track and was never aware it was a dig at

Charlie's then wife for shagging around with amongst others that bloke Hewitt.

• 2 weeks later...

When Hanna-Barbera had the idea pitched to them of a show centered around a canine that solves mysteries they originally wanted to name the character Snoop Dogg but were blocked because that name had already been trademarked by a young up and coming rap and hip hop artist.

Thus they had a rethink and came up with the name we all know and love him by today - Scooby Doo.

On 10/25/2016 at 18:41, GordonD said:

Wasn't there a problem with one of the windows? hole in one I think....

20 minutes ago, sjc said:

Wasn't there a problem with one of the windows? hole in one I think....

Don't recall - the cause of the crash was a loss of cabin pressure and they all passed out, and a hole in a window would certainly have done that.