Facts you made up

Mak

There is an area of land on the east coast of India which was previously owned by one of Queen Victoria's children. He lost it to a foreign digniatary in 1895, who declared it part of his own country's empire. To this day, the town which was built on it is technically part of Belgium.

Ben Macdui overtakes Ben Nevis as the highest point in the British Isles if the centre of the Earth is used as the reference point rather than mean sea level.

Actually true when talking about the point furthest away from the centre of the earth - it's not Mt Everest but someplace in Chile(?).

Hermann Goring ate up to 3 pepperoni pizzas a day and invented the pizza wheel.

Spanky's Rosy Bottomed Whale is the worlds rarest mammal.

Pitlochry has the highest concentration of professional flutists in Europe and is sometimes known as 'Fluteopolis'.

Basildon is named after Basil Brush and Don Estelle, the two most famous people to come from there.

The "Fosbury Flop" was invented accidentally by Dick Fosbury when he tripped over his shoe laces just as he attempted to clear the bar in the High Jump.

Debbie Does Dallas is an adult entertainment film about a magician's assistant and a one time Scottish Referee. Key scenes include the Early Bath, hand ball and the toss up.

The ancient Celtic language of ogham inspired Gottfried Leibniz to develop the modern binary system in 1679 after the history enthusiast visited Scotland and noticed the patterns on various Pictish stone circles. As a result, the Picts helped play a pivotal role in developing the electronic world in which we all live in today.

ngetal.gifquert.gif

I've got a publishing company interested in publishing these made up facts as a stocking filler for christmas I figured the profits could go to P & B or a nominated charity once we have "500 crazy facts" (working title) would people be cool with that?

Let's talk money.

*not made up.

I've got a publishing company interested in publishing these made up facts as a stocking filler for christmas I figured the profits could go to P & B or a nominated charity once we have "500 crazy facts" (working title) would people be cool with that?

I'd be cool as long as all contributors got invited to a Soho nightclub for the launch party.