Facts you made up

Mak

Jim Spence changed his name from Herman Lichkenshpitl in 1981 when Dundee United pumped Borussia Mönchengladbach 5-0 in the UEFA Cup.

I sold that programme on ebay for $8 buy it now to a Greek fellah.

But the cheque bounced & when I rang him up his missus answered I think she is.called Queenie,' anyway I had to put him on hold for a minute when me doorbell went & when I went back to him he told me to f**k off. His sweary English was very good for a Grecian. You have to feel sorry for them eh? Countries bankrupt an shit. He can have the programme. Besides the Pele signature was by me. Ha ha.

Grimbo

Edited by Grim O'Grady

When high street favourite argos nearly went vust during the recession the company was forced tp abolish free name badges for staff.

New recruits are now forced to either pay through the roof to provide their own badge or change their name by deed poll to that of their immediate predecessor.

This weekend is 3 days long.

Enjoy your extra day.

Grimbo

James II introduced a (very short lived) eight day week for Parliamentarians to provide an extra 'genuine' day of rest, free from the strict limitations of the Sabbath. The original usage of the phrase 'working week' related to the alternative 7 day week used by the working class.

Eastenders actress Samantha Janus has a younger brother called Hugh

I'm reliably informed that's actually been her on-set nickname since her role in the movie Breeders, although she apparently doesn't understand why.

• 1 month later...

The 1st pair of shoes were made from the testicles of Russian goats, since then the trade as always been associated with cobblers. It's also where the medical term of walking on the balls of your feet comes from.

Grimbo

• 2 weeks later...