The Edinburgh City red motor vehicle comparison thread

tamthebam

post-12982-0-83173100-1388278279.jpg

the stoodints. slick going forward and solid at the back. Ruthlessly efficient, like this Audi.

post-12982-0-29423600-1388278332.jpg

Edinburgh City. Not, unfortunately, a ruthlessly efficient German car. Bonnet up to show our midfield engine...

oh well, better days in 2014 perhaps

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Ferrari will have to be awarded after a PLEASING 3-1 win at Ainslie Park. Some cracking goals too- Ryan Wilson's just edging it in terms of the best one with a cheeky flick and volley.

El City Supremo suggested that it should be an old Ferrari as the team were a bit slow to start so here's a picture of the legendary Juan Manuel Fangio in an F1 Ferrari. And why not.

post-12982-0-93713500-1389743019.jpg

The Ferrari will have to be awarded after a PLEASING 3-1 win at Ainslie Park. Some cracking goals too- Ryan Wilson's just edging it in terms of the best one with a cheeky flick and volley.

El City Supremo suggested that it should be an old Ferrari as the team were a bit slow to start so here's a picture of the legendary Juan Manuel Fangio in an F1 Ferrari. And why not.

attachicon.giffangio.jpg

I've been waiting anxiously all week for this, not disappointed (with the car). The game was enjoyable ok the result might have been better but all 4 goals were spesh!

Grimbo.

post-12982-0-67708800-1390088248.jpg

If you remember the seminal 80s programmes "Kick Start" and "Junior Kick Start" you will remember that motorcyclists attempted to complete an obstacle course. You will also remember that some of the motorcyclists would get off to a good start before they rode down a muddy slope with the aim of riding across a slippery log. This part usually ended up with the bike slipping and the cyclist hitting his nads off the frame and falling into 3 foot of muddy water to much hilarity from the viewer at home (me).

Which is the scenario I was reminded of at 3.45 pm today at a wet and muddy Rosewell.

INTERJECTION:

Reader: Once more you are a cheating b*****d Tam. That may be red, and a motor vehicle of sorts, but it is an animation.

Tam: It's my thread. Get it roond ye.

The match was pretty entertaining and both sides had some glaring misses in the first half. Welfare eventually managed to stick one in the net and after that we let in 3 soft goals. Newky will disagree but I think 4-0 was a bit flattering in the end. I would be a bit annoyed tonight if it wasn't for the fact that it was the League Cup and our slim qualification hopes were ended by the Spartans' result anyway.

Ach well. Here's a photo of a horse that looks like Hitler that I spotted on the other side of the Fergie Park fence.

post-12982-0-10506600-1390088747_thumb.j

is that horse Red Rum, not that it could be included because it doesn't have any artificial horse power.

I loved kick start & yes spent many minutes crunched up laughing as the nadless boys john wayned themselves out of the muddy pools.

Grinbo

Ps. I'm not old enough to mind the show, I seen it only on youtube. :P

is that horse Red Rum, not that it could be included because it doesn't have any artificial horse power. I loved kick start & yes spent many minutes crunched up laughing as the nadless boys john wayned themselves out of the muddy pools. GrinboPs. I'm not old enough to mind the show, I seen it only on youtube. :P

for a bonus point which ex blue Peter presenter hosted it.

Jeezo am ageing rapidly now :(

post-12982-0-64970800-1390697523.jpg

as the pitch was seemingly under water this weeks motor vehicle (it's a vehicle and has a motor anyway) is this "red" submarine

*ahem* :whistle

anyway they were made of sterner stuff back in 1936 at Dens Park:

post-12982-0-24886400-1390697615_thumb.j

oh well, see y'all next week, 2pm at the Royal Commonwealth Pool Annexe, London Road...

4-1 to City. Pleasing.

Two daft goals in the game though- City's 3rd sees Dodds make a catch and then throw the ball out only for it to hit off the back of a Gala defender and roll to Ross Guthrie who smartly fires in. And Gala's goal came when a misplaced pass to Stobie went across goal to the back post where it was returned into the middle and a Gala player headed the ball over Stobie. Doh.

Today's motor vehicle, because the pitch was soft in places but we looked quite solid, can be this Land Rover. Now get orf moi laaaand.

post-12982-0-62707700-1391301375.jpg

we won another game. woo and verily indeed hoo! :guinness

Although it's more of a challenge to get a suitable motor vehicle when we win.. damn it.

it was suggested that our performance had been solid, so a solid car was needed. I think we had a little bit of elan as well so this week's motor vehicle is a Saab 900- solid, but with a touch of class.

post-12982-0-83279300-1392156126.jpg

"you can love it without getting your heart broken"- not a tagline that has ever been applied to Edinburgh City FC...

we won another game. woo and verily indeed hoo! :guinness

Although it's more of a challenge to get a suitable motor vehicle when we win.. damn it.

it was suggested that our performance had been solid, so a solid car was needed. I think we had a little bit of elan as well so this week's motor vehicle is a Saab 900- solid, but with a touch of class.

attachicon.gifsaab.jpg

"you can love it without getting your heart broken"- not a tagline that has ever been applied to Edinburgh City FC...

Yes, you met a very rusty dalbeattie side on sat, lack of games over the last couple of months showed considerably. Especially in the first half! But good luck to city, they were quite solid as you say, and took advantage of our lack of match sharpness

Spartans are red,

So is my punt,

I hate that lot

Because they are..................................not very nice! :P

Welfare are blue,

And also maroon,

Rosewell's like a party shop,

Cos it's full of balloons....

Motor vehicles are red,

But I get the blues,

Cos when City win a game,

Which car to pick? I huvnae a clue...