Youth Teams Discussion.

Enigma

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Scotland u16 1-2 Northern Ireland u16

First game of the victory shield, and a pretty embarrassing one. No real chance of retaining it now.

Was gonna head along to this but was working. Shite start. This is the age I coach and know of a few of the boys involved so was keen to follow it a bit

• 3 weeks later...

Some goal.

Shame our u19s are developing consistency with the senior side's inability to comfortably see out games.

Threw away a 2-goal lead against Finland, a lead against Norway and somehow conspired to draw 0-0 with Lithuania.

The U19s ended up making it through this round as the best 3rd placed side despite not winning a single game.

The U19s ended up making it through this round as the best 3rd placed side despite not winning a single game.

I saw that this morning. I'd checked the other groups and there were a few 3rd placed teams on 4 points from other groups, so it baffles me how they've ended up going through.

Either way I'll take it. We were easily the best side in our group, just threw away stupid goals.

Edited by HuttonDressedAsLahm

Scotland u16's lost 2-1 to England last night and subsequently finished bottom of the victory shield table. Quite a fall from winning it last year!

Wales won the shield for the first time in 66 years after beating Northern Ireland.

Scotland u16's lost 2-1 to England last night and subsequently finished bottom of the victory shield table. Quite a fall from winning it last year!

Wales won the shield for the first time in 66 years after beating Northern Ireland.

Based on last night's game against England - the first I've seen this year - there is a real lack of talent compared to last years group, in particular Calvin Miller, Ali Coote and Mackenzie Heaney. Thought the CM Liam Burt looked decent, right enough.

Forgetting the left back, Gallacher. Looks very promising.

Edited by ArtemisClydeFrog

• 4 months later...