Support Jim Spence

• Replies 816
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The SFA is a limited company. There wass a fee to join the SFA which must be paid for associate membership. As you have previously stated the club cannot have a bank account etc. etc. therefore the company pay the membership fee and therefore the contractual relationship exists between the SFA and the company.

I think that the whole contrived situation is laughable. Take a hypothetical situation whereby a club wants to remove itself from the operating company. How can this be achieved? According to the seperation theory, the club exists as some distinct entity defined by the SFA, therefore the SFA are responsible for the club's owners and can unilaterally change this structure. As I said, laughable.

you don't need to have a bank account to pay a membership fee and regardless there other ways of obtaining a bank account for your club beyond becoming a company eg registering as a community amatuer sports club or as an industrial and provident society.

you don't need to have a bank account to pay a membership fee and regardless there other ways of obtaining a bank account for your club beyond becoming a company eg registering as a community amatuer sports club or as an industrial and provident society.

No but you have to own property, last time I looked money was considered to be property!

Also the payment of a fee to join an organisation is a contract which a club cannot enter into.

As for your alternatives to becoming a company, all of these are recognised in law which by your own admission a club is not.

TSAR making an arse of himself?

Just another Wednesday for him I suppose.

unless you are a P&B flatearther there isn't a lot of room for debate here.

spence is a bbc employee and has to abide by the bbc trust ruling whilst he is working for the bbc.

rangers have been said to be the same club by the spl, the sfl, the sfa, uefa, fifa, the european club association, the advertising standards agency, the court of session and the bbc trust. i would say that is a fairly conclusive and broad set of opiinons.

i am genuinely interested to hear anyone who has an a theory on why those bodies are wrong about rangers being the same club?

"Everybody hates us and we don't care." Well, that's a bit of a fib, isn't it. What a bunch of sensitive wee floo'ers. :P

DEID CLUB. DEID CLUB. DEID CLUB. DEID CLUB.

JEHOVAH! JEHOVAH! JEHOVAH! JEHOVAH!

^_^

That depends if you think the "stained toilet brush" hair style is a good look. Personally, I couldn't pull it off so I don't rate it.

That's today's 'far too much information' post over and done with. Thanks Yoda. :thumsup2

spence is a bbc employee and has to abide by the bbc trust ruling whilst he is working for the bbc.

rangers have been said to be the same club by the spl, the sfl, the sfa, uefa (link to official statement please), fifa (link to official statement please), the european club association, the advertising standards agency, the court of session and the bbc trust. i would say that is a fairly conclusive and broad set of opiinons.

i am genuinely interested to hear anyone who has an a theory on why those bodies are wrong about rangers being the same club?

Please provide links for the above. The others all have an over-riding self interest in taking this position except the BBC trust who relied on these same self interested parties and based their decision on this. As for the ASA - they have been told to think again and the COS has never ruled on the status of the club (as previously agreed, the club do not have a legal persona and therefore cannot be subject to court actions or rulings).

rangers have been said to be the same club by the spl, the sfl, the sfa, uefa, fifa, the european club association, the advertising standards agency, the court of session and the bbc trust. i would say that is a fairly conclusive and broad set of opiinons.

There is no SPL or sfl. So that's 2 off the list..like ra' gers...they are dead as a dodo :lol:

Just shows yet again that old firm fans are brainless scum. Even if he did say it, which he didn't*, why does that warrant threats? What a sad, pathetic life to be so protective of your shite wee football club that is steeped in hatred and bigotry and has an ethos of bullying everyone, only for them to cry like wee babies when they don't get their own way. A vile, dispacible institution (Sevco and Celtic) who both epitomise stipidity, failure of the human spirit and sickening cowardice. Shame on anyone associated with them.

*Oh yes, this. Jim Spence never said Rangers/Newco/Sevco are dead. He said others are of that opinion. Just a wee detail that's been missed.

Please provide links for the above. The others all have an over-riding self interest in taking this position except the BBC trust who relied on these same self interested parties and based their decision on this. As for the ASA - they have been told to think again and the COS has never ruled on the status of the club (as previously agreed, the club do not have a legal persona and therefore cannot be subject to court actions or rulings).

the very first sentence of this ruling http://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/opinions/2012CSOH%2095.html

[1] This is a petition for judicial review by the Rangers Football Club plc, a company presently in administration. That company presently operates Rangers Football Club (to whom I shall refer as "Rangers"). Rangers are members of the Scottish Football Association ("the SFA"),

which establishes according to the court of session that (i) the company and the club are seperate entities (ii) it is the club not the company who members of the sfa.

the previous ASA ruling still stands, all that has happened is that some sad case has written to the reviewer to ask for an appeal.

Noticed this on the NUJ Scotland Twitter account this afternoon:

"Successful day at BBC Scotland with union and management supporting member coming under attack via cyber abuse. Then led to abuse for union"

I note the Scottish NUJ organiser has also been taking some stick over this issue. While I'm pleased to see the NUJ are backing Jim Spence over this, as they should be, I'd far rather they didn't have to waste time, money and manpower (which my union fees are helping to fund) dealing with shite from Rangers fans who think the whole world and its mum is out to get them.

Archived