Buying a Chinese phone....

wunfellaff

I meant to ask about the screen protector. Did yours not come with one fitted? Mine did

There was but I took it off. There looked to be a speck of dirt behind the protector which was annoying me but it seemed really flimsy anyway. Not sure if it would've done much use upon impact.

There was but I took it off. There looked to be a speck of dirt behind the protector which was annoying me but it seemed really flimsy anyway. Not sure if it would've done much use upon impact.

Isn't the screen protector to stop the screen getting scratched? I've nev thought of it giving any impact protection before.

Being playing around with the screen. It's still a little disappointing but upping the blue light (with an app) has made a difference.

Isn't the screen protector to stop the screen getting scratched? I've nev thought of it giving any impact protection before.

Being playing around with the screen. It's still a little disappointing but upping the blue light (with an app) has made a difference.

Not really sure. You might be right. Just assumed it was for both. The protector that came with the Maya Max was a good one. It saved any damage to the screen when I dropped it on concrete a couple of times. Can't say I've ever seen the whites look yellowish on mine. Hope you get yours sorted.

Not really sure. You might be right. Just assumed it was for both. The protector that came with the Maya Max was a good one. It saved any damage to the screen when I dropped it on concrete a couple of times. Can't say I've ever seen the whites look yellowish on mine. Hope you get yours sorted.

So, when you put yours next to the max the white doesn't look different? I mean it's not like it looks bad, just that the white is noticeably whiter and brighter on the max.

I'm either getting used to it or it's lessening though.

So, when you put yours next to the max the white doesn't look different? I mean it's not like it looks bad, just that the white is noticeably whiter and brighter on the max.

I'm either getting used to it or it's lessening though.

I can't. My max has went for the big sleep.[emoji37] I'll test it against my Bluboo S1 when I get home.

1 hour ago, Mr X said:

Ah OK. I'm almost tempted to get the black one from aliexpress to compare!

1 hour ago, Mr X said:

1 hour ago, Mr X said:

oooo look at me, i can get 3 phones if i want :lol:

One thing I noticed that was night and day compared to the max was the call quality. It's crystal clear. GPS is much more accurate too and the fingerprint scanner has a better success rate. I don't think the speaker is as loud as the max but still more than enough. Hopefully they fix the slow focus issue on the camera in the next update. I've downloaded a few camera apps but still to test them to see if there's an improvement.
Speaking of updates, there was a system update waiting to be downloaded when I 1st powered on. It didn't say what it fixed though.

One thing I noticed that was night and day compared to the max was the call quality. It's crystal clear. GPS is much more accurate too and the fingerprint scanner has a better success rate. I don't think the speaker is as loud as the max but still more than enough. Hopefully they fix the slow focus issue on the camera in the next update. I've downloaded a few camera apps but still to test them to see if there's an improvement.
Speaking of updates, there was a system update waiting to be downloaded when I 1st powered on. It didn't say what it fixed though.

I haven't made a call yet [emoji23]

I didn't find the camera focus that bad. There's been two updates, the first didn't have much but the second had a fair list, including improving the camera focus

I haven't made a call yet [emoji23]

I didn't find the camera focus that bad. There's been two updates, the first didn't have much but the second had a fair list, including improving the camera focus

I must still have one to get then. Focus is still a bit slow on mine.

Just now, Mr X said:

Have you worked out how to do split screen with two apps yet?

Not yet.  Something I've never even thought about tbh. Don't even know if it was possible to do split screen with the Max or S1. :lol: I think I'd like to give it a go though, just for the sake of it.

Not yet.  Something I've never even thought about tbh. Don't even know if it was possible to do split screen with the Max or S1. [emoji38] I think I'd like to give it a go though, just for the sake of it.

I think it's new in android 7, although I had it on the Note.

Hold down the home button until the list of open apps comes up, then keep holding it and a little window icon appears on compatible apps. It's a bit fiddly to resize the windows but works pretty well.

21 minutes ago, Mr X said:

I think it's new in android 7, although I had it on the Note.

Hold down the home button until the list of open apps comes up, then keep holding it and a little window icon appears on compatible apps. It's a bit fiddly to resize the windows but works pretty well.

Hmm....., not sure what I'm doing wrong.  I've held the home button and got the list of open apps and then the windows appear but when I click on a window, it just opens up the app full screen.

Hmm....., not sure what I'm doing wrong.  I've held the home button and got the list of open apps and then the windows appear but when I click on a window, it just opens up the app full screen.

Are you clicking on the app or on the little window icon that appears? If you click on the icon the app should open but with some extra icons in the top right and the window will be resizable and dragable