Buying a Chinese phone....

wunfellaff

9 hours ago, Romeo said:

Miserable b*****ds, the least they could have done is offer you a refund on your next purchase.

I love their optimism that they think I might ever order anything from them again :lol:

They replied again, telling me the phone was shipped and asking me not to reply again, as they were so busy dealing with other orders. Of course, I replied again.

They've replied this morning telling me not to worry the phone is definitely on its way <_< They also asked why I raised a dispute with Paypal and asked me to cancel it :lol:

10 minutes ago, Mr X said:

I love their optimism that they think I might ever order anything from them again :lol:

They replied again, telling me the phone was shipped and asking me not to reply again, as they were so busy dealing with other orders. Of course, I replied again.

They've replied this morning telling me not to worry the phone is definitely on its way <_< They also asked why I raised a dispute with Paypal and asked me to cancel it :lol:

Chancers. Loads of deals from overseas but this is the kind of shit that puts me off.

What did you order in the first place?

1 minute ago, Romeo said:

Chancers. Loads of deals from overseas but this is the kind of shit that puts me off.

What did you order in the first place?

I ordered the black version of the Elephone S8 because Elephone told me they were in stock on Aliexpress. Turns out that was a load of shite as the blue one I ordered was shipped not long after by Gearbest.

As soon as Gearbest shipped I tried to cancel this one - which is the first message on the screenshots.

I've not had any problems with Gearbes,  other than the longish delivery time first time I ordered, but I wont be ordering from an overseas marketplace like Aliexpress again

16 minutes ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

Wait, they tell you to contact PayPal to cancel the order, and are now asking why you opened a PayPal dispute and that you should cancel it? You couldn't make it up.emoji23.png

Not quite. Aliexpress customer services told me to contact paypal. The messages I posted are from the seller. I assume its a bit like ebay

Not quite. Aliexpress customer services told me to contact paypal. The messages I posted are from the seller. I assume its a bit like ebay

Ah right, sorry. Hope you get it resolved, otherwise someone will be getting a good Xmas [emoji320] this year. lol

Some difference in price between the S8 and the S9 that's coming out soon.    https://www.gearbest.com/elephone-s9-_gear/?lkid=11784096    It basically looks like a clone of the Samsung Galaxy S8.  I like that they have a colour described as granny hair though.:lol:

My phone has been delayed by a fortnight. Bought on Oct 12th as a pre order scheduled for Nov 6th delivery. Now received an email saying its been put back two weeks and they are saying thats just before its been dispatched. Think im gonna cancel this and get a refund

5 hours ago, Twinkle said:

My phone has been delayed by a fortnight. Bought on Oct 12th as a pre order scheduled for Nov 6th delivery. Now received an email saying its been put back two weeks and they are saying thats just before its been dispatched. Think im gonna cancel this and get a refund

Sell you an Elephone s8, only £200 ;) 

5 hours ago, 54_and_counting said:

Unless its a phone he ordered 6 months ago and forgot about lol

Jammy git mr x

:lol:

No, definitely the cancelled one. No customs charge either