Buying a Chinese phone....

wunfellaff

1 minute ago, Njord said:

Let me know 'whit like'.

Will do! Only thing that's worrying me is my mum's understanding of modern technology. She struggles with a remote control at times. Might have to send her on a course. :P She has bother getting about now though, so thought a tablet would be a good idea for her to shop online for her groceries and things.

1 minute ago, Njord said:

Is she under 55?

Pics please ;)

A hudl 2 would've been ideal even with all the bloat ware, but tesco pulled it.

The dual boot might be your only 'son, whit is this' problem, but I think the hardware is sound.

I'm hoping it's just tech speak but did you just call his mum a boot?

25 minutes ago, Njord said:

Is she under 55?

Pics please ;)

A hudl 2 would've been ideal even with all the bloat ware, but tesco pulled it.

The dual boot might be your only 'son, whit is this' problem, but I think the hardware is sound.

She's nearly 70. Hope Granny Danger doesn't read this;)

23 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:

I'm hoping it's just tech speak but did you just call his mum a boot?

I've called her worse tbf.

Really? I'm shocked at that. Not had any problems at all with the battery. Infact I'm loving it. Have your checked to see what apps are eating it up?

Me too. It could be coincidence.

Yeah, I've checked the apps but theres nothing using it, just "phone idle" . I saw a couple of things online yesterday about that but didn't get a chance to look them up.

2 hours ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

Does your phone storage read 25GB? I take it the missing 7GB is used up by the factory software it comes with? I've ordered a 64GB micro Sd card from Gearbest to add extra storage space.

Yes. Ive got an SD card jsut havent put it in yet. Im playing around with different network sims before I decide who to go with when my O2 contract runs out. I think thats part of whats killing the battery as I dont always get any signal on either network!

1 minute ago, Mr X said:

Yes. Ive got an SD card jsut havent put it in yet. Im playing around with different network sims before I decide who to go with when my O2 contract runs out. I think thats part of whats killing the battery as I dont always get any signal on either network!

I'm with 3 Network. Their phone signal is pretty good, although I don't think they are the best in the UK. Their mobile internet is superb.

I bought a cheap SD card off of ebay but it's useless. When the phone tried to fomat it, it said the card was too slow to read & write properly.:thumbsdown I suppose you get what you pay for. The one I've ordered from Gearbest is made by Samsung and has good reviews for it's speed and reliability so should hopefully be up to the job.

Me too. It could be coincidence.

Yeah, I've checked the apps but theres nothing using it, just "phone idle" . I saw a couple of things online yesterday about that but didn't get a chance to look them up.

Phone idle seems to be a new feature on Marshmallow but seems to be getting negative reviews. Just looking at my battery and "phone idle" is top of the list as to what's using my battery power since last full charge. Here's an article about it; http://www.phonearena.com/news/Android-6-Experiencing-battery-drains-wakelocks-and-apparent-lack-of-Doze-mode-This-could-be-the-culprit_id82236

1 hour ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

Phone idle seems to be a new feature on Marshmallow but seems to be getting negative reviews. Just looking at my battery and "phone idle" is top of the list as to what's using my battery power since last full charge. Here's an article about it; http://www.phonearena.com/news/Android-6-Experiencing-battery-drains-wakelocks-and-apparent-lack-of-Doze-mode-This-could-be-the-culprit_id82236

Cheers for that, I'll give it a go

I found a few articles about "phone idle" but none of them were much use in trying to fix it

Oddly, the battery life since Saturday has been ok again. Only dropped a few % overnight and the battery page saying theres 2 days left on 66% charge.

I think the issue is the poor signal round here and the fact that I had 2 sims in, both struggling to find the network. I've pretty much decided to go with EE so I might test it out for a few more days then stick with just my O2 sim until the contract is up

The 11th day of the 11th month isn't all about poppy shite and the En@land game.

It's also 'Singles Day'  in the Far East. :D

So from 0.00 (UTC -8) it's price drops , flash sales etc, so if you are thinking on a bit of Chinese tech, that could be a good time to have a look.

3 hours ago, Njord said:

I more gutted that I'm the only cunto that gets the customs charge on this thread :(

I always get hit with them when I've bought stuff previously, although it does tend to depend on who delivers. In my experience TNT are the worst for having custom charges - every time you get charged, and they usually add on an admin fee as an added bonus, if its Parcel Force or Royal Mail who deliver you hardly ever get them.