Buying a Chinese phone....

wunfellaff

Ordered mostly football strips for my son from Ali, two weeks for them. Got a replacement tablet screen in about a week. Those sellers have been great so far. Think I'll stick with what I know.

In saying that the same sellers probably sell across all the usual suspects.

I ordered a phone case for Ali just after I ordered the phone. It came a couple of days ago.

I did a little timeline, so I could push for a shipping refund again (they're refusing) so I thought Id share it (not sure how well it will format on here though)

Working Days        
                                                                 Since Order    Since Despatch    Since collection
Order Placed                      13/10/2016           0                       -                                -
Gearbest Shipped              18/10/2016           2                       0                                -
DHL collected                     28/10/2016          10                      7                               0
Expected delivery                2/11/2016            13                    10                               2

So, either Gearbest lied about shipping it on the 18th and DHL will have it here in a couple of days. Or Gearbest genuinely shipped it on the 18th but its been floating around DHLs system without being scanned for over a week.

Either way, having paid for 2-6 working day delivery, the earliest it will be here is 13 working days after I ordered it <_<

Lost yesterdays update

Gearbest offered 10 USD refund as a "gesture of goodwill", as they claimed the delivery would still be faster than other shipping methods (I paid 22 USD). I pointed out that one delivery method was free and the other cost less than 1 USD. This morning theyve refunded the full amount :)

Had an odd email from DHL saying the address was missing. I've just called them and there was some error with the town, but thats all sorted and she reckoned it would go out tonight for delivery tomorrow :thumsup2

2 hours ago, Mr X said:

Lost yesterdays update

Gearbest offered 10 USD refund as a "gesture of goodwill", as they claimed the delivery would still be faster than other shipping methods (I paid 22 USD). I pointed out that one delivery method was free and the other cost less than 1 USD. This morning theyve refunded the full amount :)

Had an odd email from DHL saying the address was missing. I've just called them and there was some error with the town, but thats all sorted and she reckoned it would go out tonight for delivery tomorrow :thumsup2

And, according to the online tracker its been delivered this morning :o :thumsup2

1 hour ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

Great news! :thumsup2 In saying that, the way your lucks been going, it'll probably be the wrong phone or something.:lol:

:lol:

No, its the right one! Its taking an age to boot up though :unsure2:

3 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Sorry I don't really have a clue about this kind of market, can you good chinese tablets too? 

Thinking about getting a chinese phone next year when my contract is up. Quite bored with my iphone. 

Yes, you can. And smartwatches too. Some of them take a sim card so can be used without pairing to a phone and are dirt cheap

8 minutes ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

I kept the vibration on. Quite liked it tbh.

Its the only thing about that phone that I thought felt cheap

7 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:

Reading this saga about the missing phone was like watching the moon landings, I'm glad it wasn't Apollo 13 though.

:lol:

Could have been worse if Saturdays full updates hadnt got deleted

30 minutes ago, keithgy said:

Did you get hit for custom charges?

Nope :)

Not had much of a chance to play tonight but first impressions are really good. Nothings failed to work or install, managed to pair it with the car and watch bluetooth without any issues.

The only gripe so far is the camera. Its quite slow to take the picture.

Not phone related but I thought I'd throw this in here. Looking for a tablet for my mum this Christmas and came across this Chinese one on sale at Gearbest.(Mr X's favourite place). ;) Just looking for some opinion on what you guy's think of the tablet's spec for the £128 pricetag? http://www.gearbest.com/tablet-pcs/pp_399914.html?wid=21&utm_source=mail_api&utm_medium=mail&utm_campaign=special.1102&eo=coviq5abo1rucmnl&email=b2t8IyNncXZlN2hIMExXbTZqOWg1ZHNhV21nK3dtWHozT29mK3I1Um81ZHBRbTFBPXw5NjY4  Is it worth a punt?

Lol. I'm looking for a Chewi Hi 10 Plus for Xmas.

But I don't think gearbest do the updated chip version.

Spec looks great but is a wee bit dearer than your Pro 2.

"The Chuwi Hi10 Plus stays exactly the same as before so a 10,8-inch tablet with 3:2 aspect ration and 1920 x 1080 pixel resolution, 4 GB RAM/64 GB ROM, 8400 mAh battery with 5V/3A fast charge support, full metal body with 8.8mm thickness and 686 g of weight, full fledged USB 3.0 port and dualboot of Windows 10/Remix OS 2.0. And on top of that the aforementioned Intel Atom X5 Z8350. Price should stay exactly the same too so roughly the 200-220$ range, so it’s only a full evolution mode and not a cash grab"

If I get it in the next month I'll let you know :)

(dual boot really appeals as Windows is pretty much shit now, but you need it for some things).

9 hours ago, Njord said:

Lol. I'm looking for a Chewi Hi 10 Plus for Xmas.

But I don't think gearbest do the updated chip version.

Spec looks great but is a wee bit dearer than your Pro 2.

"The Chuwi Hi10 Plus stays exactly the same as before so a 10,8-inch tablet with 3:2 aspect ration and 1920 x 1080 pixel resolution, 4 GB RAM/64 GB ROM, 8400 mAh battery with 5V/3A fast charge support, full metal body with 8.8mm thickness and 686 g of weight, full fledged USB 3.0 port and dualboot of Windows 10/Remix OS 2.0. And on top of that the aforementioned Intel Atom X5 Z8350. Price should stay exactly the same too so roughly the 200-220$ range, so it’s only a full evolution mode and not a cash grab"

If I get it in the next month I'll let you know :)

(dual boot really appeals as Windows is pretty much shit now, but you need it for some things).

Is this the one you're looking for; http://www.gearbest.com/tablet-pc-accessories/pp_443070.html?wid=21

Edit- I see the one with the Atom chip is a bit dearer; http://www.gearbest.com/tablet-pcs/pp_495543.html

Edited by YER SISTERS YER MAW

52 minutes ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

Is this the one you're looking for; http://www.gearbest.com/tablet-pc-accessories/pp_443070.html?wid=21

Edit- I see the one with the Atom chip is a bit dearer; http://www.gearbest.com/tablet-pcs/pp_495543.html

Aye, saw they had it for $50 dearer 10 mins after posting. Cuntos.

Will wait till they sell through the old stock or source elsewhere.

The chip upgrade isn't important but....it is meant to be a big deal better for the battery, so I'd prefer the upgrade.