NFL London

Sloop John B

I've seen suggestions elsewhere (NFLUK forum) that they only wanted to have one game at Tottenham in its first season to try it out, and if successful they will have an extra game there the season after to make up for it... so could be five games in 2019.

Not sure why they couldn't just add an extra Twickenham day this year if it's impractical to have more than two at Wembley.

15 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Are Oakland moving already? Thought Vegas wasn't until 2019 or 2020?

14 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Does he not just mean that the baseball would be finished by then?

That's right, Lichtie. Don't get me wrong, having a baseball diamond on the field during an NFL game is amateur as f**k, but realistically it only affects 1, maybe 2 games a season. People act like it's a permanent feature.

As for the Raiders-Seahawks game, there seems to be a feeling that Lynch & Gruden might not mesh well, and as a result Lynch might not get the chance to run all over his old buddies.

I've seen suggestions elsewhere (NFLUK forum) that they only wanted to have one game at Tottenham in its first season to try it out, and if successful they will have an extra game there the season after to make up for it... so could be five games in 2019.

Not sure why they couldn't just add an extra Twickenham day this year if it's impractical to have more than two at Wembley.

I’m sure I seen somebody say on Twitter that Twickenham only had 3 games or something and they’ve used them now.

That's right, Lichtie. Don't get me wrong, having a baseball diamond on the field during an NFL game is amateur as f**k, but realistically it only affects 1, maybe 2 games a season. People act like it's a permanent feature.
As for the Raiders-Seahawks game, there seems to be a feeling that Lynch & Gruden might not mesh well, and as a result Lynch might not get the chance to run all over his old buddies.

I think that shows you how annoying people find it.

13 hours ago, Nightmare said:

Excellent if true, hopefully he heads back up the road to Seattle

8 hours ago, Swarley said:

Excellent if true, hopefully he heads back up the road to Seattle

Would be interesting to see if he would do that, or if he'd just retire again if he got released. He's definitely got something left - he did alright last year for a team that really didn't want to run the ball... or do anything offensively, tbh.

For once this seems like quite a good match-up for the Raiders. The Seahawks have been a strong team for just about the whole of the period where the Raiders have been weak (ie. the majority of seasons since 2002), but looks like there's a bit of a rebuild going on in Seattle.