NFL London

Sloop John B

• 1 month later...

Thinking of going to the Jets v Phins. Obviously it's sold out so does anyone know the best place to buy tickets without getting ripped off?

Is there no another wave of tickets to be sold yet? I'm sure someone in the know will clarify. Read back through this topic a few pages. I'm sure it was mentioned.

Is there no another wave of tickets to be sold yet? I'm sure someone in the know will clarify. Read back through this topic a few pages. I'm sure it was mentioned.

I believe this is the case, so everybody has been saying anyway...

• 2 months later...

Flights seem really reasonable into London City for the Dolphins/Jets game.

Never been to London before. Anyone any recommendations on where to stay relatively cheaply? Is it better to stay in the centre and get the tube to Wembley or stay closer?

Never been to London before. Anyone any recommendations on where to stay relatively cheaply? Is it better to stay in the centre and get the tube to Wembley or stay closer?

I went down 2 years ago and the wife and I teamed it with a weekend away. We decided to stay in the Bayswater area which was ideal for the tourist stuff and in the right area for Wembley. We then got the overground train to Wembley from Euston - not sure how well served Wembley is by the tube.

If you're just going down for the NFL I would look for hotels nearer the stadium as they will undoubtedly be cheaper. I'm sure the train we got terminated in Watford so somewhere around there might be a cheaper option.

Have you any idea what is relatively cheap for London? When I went down for the FA cup final, I took the train and stayed at the Kings Cross Premier Inn. This is available on the 4th for £116 which is significantly cheaper than when I stayed.

ETA: Wembly is served by two tube stations and is really easy to get to. You can take the Metropolitan Line to Wembly Park or the Bakerloo Line to Wembly Central.

Edited by strichener

I think I'll be going to see the Jets in October. Just need to wait for tickets to become available closer to the time. Was looking at flying down in the morning then flying back at night. About £100 for flights and no need for jacked up hotel prices.

We have managed to get return trains from Edin to kings cross, staying 3 night in Travelodge next to Kings cross (twin rooms) and it's working out at about £160 a head. Chuffed with that. Ticket to the game was £115!

Spending money won't be mentioned......lots likely

We have managed to get return trains from Edin to kings cross, staying 3 night in Travelodge next to Kings cross (twin rooms) and it's working out at about £160 a head. Chuffed with that. Ticket to the game was £115!

Spending money won't be mentioned......lots likely

Keep your hand on your ha'penny near that kings cross travel lodge.

This worries me. I've never been to the big city.

Sauchiehall Street scares me.

You'll be fine mate. I've been in London a good few times and never had any bother. Was even out in Camden the Sat night before the Cowboys Jags match and loved it.

Get yourself a hotel anywhere in the centre. We were at Kings Cross the last game. The tube is brilliant and easy to use, be sure to get yourself an Oyster card.

Only downer I have on London is it is really expensive, but if you can afford a weekend blow out there isn't much better places.

The Flying Scotsman near Kings Cross is a must, even for just one pint if your in the area.

Any advice you need just ask.

• 2 weeks later...

Gonna have to buy tickets for this from StubHub as other tickets fell through.

Anyone have any experience of them for NFL games at Wembley?

They say they guarantee tickets will be with me by 2nd October. When are tickets normally received if they were purchased when they went on sale from the NFL?

Gonna have to buy tickets for this from StubHub as other tickets fell through.

Anyone have any experience of them for NFL games at Wembley?

They say they guarantee tickets will be with me by 2nd October. When are tickets normally received if they were purchased when they went on sale from the NFL?

The returns haven't come back from US yet. That's about 10,000 tickets. Usually August/September.