NFL London

Sloop John B

So this is my first time for a London game. What's the best thing to do on the Saturday night?

We'll be going to the fan rally then have a table booked at Bodeans Soho for some food, will be watching the Scotland V SA game in there & hopefully catch some college football before moving on and watching the England v Oz game somewhere.

Will probably call it a night after that tbh, want to be reasonably fresh for an earlyish start on Sunday.

In short...pub

What time are folk planning to depart? And what routes are you taking? We're based at Drury Lane. I'm sure there's a line from Leicester Square to Wembley.

I think we'll take the train from Euston actually. I'm guessing the trains back run regularly.

Edited by 19QOS19

We're staying out at Luton so we'll be jumping on the Thameslink train from Luton Parkway to West Hampstead before taking the Jubilee line from there to Wembley.

Entire journey takes about 50 minutes.

19QOS19; you'd be as well jumping on the Central line at Holborn before changing at Bond St onto the Jubilee, that will take you all the way to Wembley and save you walking up to Euston Sq.

19QOS19; you'd be as well jumping on the Central line at Holborn before changing at Bond St onto the Jubilee, that will take you all the way to Wembley and save you walking up to Euston Sq.

Cheers. I've had a look at that, probably far handier. I'm guessing at Wembley it's practically next to the stadium?

Cheers. I've had a look at that, probably far handier. I'm guessing at Wembley it's practically next to the stadium?

Yeh, you come out the station, down the stairs and through the underpass which is the start of Wembley/Olympic Way.

This is the wee map on the app:

post-11811-1443724038039_thumb.jpgpost-11811-14437240510721_thumb.jpg

If ur looking for a good pub not far from wembley go to the green man.

Heard its good. We've avoided it in previous years though as everyone seems to want to head there :lol:

On Sunday we'll just be heading straight to Wembley and have a few beers at the rally thing. Hopefully the queues for beer are better than 2 years ago, total nightmare!

Jets bringing own loo roll to London as ours is "too thin"...

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/new-york-jets-bring-their-own-toilet-paper-to-london-because-ours-is-too-thin-a3071016.html

They've obviously never used Velvet; best of gear

Toilet paper in America is far worse than outs. I also like that they have shipped an industrial washing machine and adaptors. Have they also brought their own 110v power supply for the washer to work!

Yeah I went first time last year for lions falcons was a great game. Waiting for the skins to come too doubt they will anytime soon. Think might head over to Ireland for the college game next year.

Would love the skins to come over, like you I doubt it though.

Why are people so opposed to the idea of a franchise in London?

:lol: yeh, that's what I was thinking, their stuff is so thin so it flushes away fine with the feeble toilet flush.

Must be costing a fortune to bring all that stuff over; they could have gained a load of club card points if they just went to tesco when they got here

Would love the skins to come over, like you I doubt it though.

Why are people so opposed to the idea of a franchise in London?

Because I support the Patriots and we will have it shoved down our throats by the media that we should back them.

Plus it will be some English/British, union jack, royalist bullshit.

Heading down to this tomorrow after snagging some tickets in the last release. For some reason I've been a jets fan since the late 80's, must be the whole underdog thing. Looking forward to it as my first NFL game.

Will probably do the fan thing in the square before heading to the QPR game just along the road.

What's the best plan for a pub around Wembley with food? The green man will be mad busy and the onsite catering will be expensive dog food.

For those going down enjoy the game!

Because I support the Patriots and we will have it shoved down our throats by the media that we should back them.

Plus it will be some English/British, union jack, royalist bullshit.

Complaining about some British union jack royalist bullshit seems particularly strange when you support a tram called "The Patriots" who have the stars and stripes blended into there badge.

Maybe it's just because I live quite near to London but if they were to get a team I'd go along to a few games and support them, while I "support" the Skins it's a pretty tenuous link and I've never been to a game, it'd be good to support a team that I could go to most weeks.