Red Bull to buy an English club?

lanky_ffc

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they're not looking for instant success and willing to build up, Bristol City would be worth looking at.

It's hard to say how they would approach it as Leipzig were bought over as a 5th tier team in Germany, whereas Salzburg were already well established in the Austrian Bundesliga. It may be cheaper for them to buy a Championship side but that would surely mean more expenditure and longer to wait for a return on it. You'd expect them to make a considered decision, given that they're already running a massively successful business.

Football really disgusts me a times.

That arsehole changing Cardiff's colours probably wound me up more than a lot of their spineless supporters.

History and tradition go straight out the window these days.

Only a handful of proper football clubs in England now. The rest of them can go and f**k themselves.

The first team to properly come to mind was Charlton as they are in London have a pretty big support at that level already and would probably be keen for some cash.

But it would be funny if they bought Millwall just to piss off their scummy support.

I'm no expert on Austrian Football but I hear (from those that oppose RB at LUFC) that Red Bull attempted to wipe out the old club's history, effectively stating that the clubs history began on their take over date in 2005.

Club name changed, club crest changed, club colours changed, and attempt to delete the clubs history prior to take over & fans wearing old club shirts refused entry from the ground.

As I say I'm no expert on Austrian football and if others can point out that the above is incorrect I'd be interested to read any links they can provide.

http://www.schwatzgelb.de/3735.html

Quite a bit on football in Salzburg from a guy who writes for the square ball fanzine here http://www.thebeatengeneration.co.uk/tbg/index.php/2009/10/hiden-seek-part-2/

A fan's group purchased the old name (Austria Salzburg) are have been working their way up the ranks. They are currently in the third tier, and hve adopted the old club's colours and lots of their fans. Something along the lines of FC United of Manchester, but more successful.

A fan's group purchased the old name (Austria Salzburg) are have been working their way up the ranks. They are currently in the third tier, and hve adopted the old club's colours and lots of their fans. Something along the lines of FC United of Manchester, but more successful.

Thanks for the info, appreciated.

I love FC United. It's what football's all about. Plenty of videos on Youtube that make the hairs on the back on my neck stand up. Keep meaning to head over for a game.

f**k Red Bull. Fan ownership is the way forward. It's our game. f**k the suits.

IZ HATEZ MODRN FOOTBAL.

:rolleyes:

Aye, money money money is the way forward eh? Wankpots getting paid more than fellas working their balls off doing manual labour for 70 hours a week, not to mention doctors out there saving people lives is fine.

Corporate scumbags ruling the roost while ordinary, dedicated, working class supporters get ripped off at every opportunity by these slimeballs who make make more money than they could spend in 10 lifetimes off a sport they couldn't give two fucks about.

Proud clubs, who are hundreds of years old, having their identity and history torn apart.

But we should all just accept this and pretend everything is fine within our game.

Dick.

Aye, money money money is the way forward eh? Wankpots getting paid more than fellas working their balls off doing manual labour for 70 hours a week, not to mention doctors out there saving people lives is fine.

Corporate scumbags ruling the roost while ordinary, dedicated, working class supporters get ripped off at every opportunity by these slimeballs who make make more money than they could spend in 10 lifetimes off a sport they couldn't give two fucks about.

Proud clubs, who are hundreds of years old, having their identity and history torn apart.

But we should all just accept this and pretend everything is fine within our game.

Dick.

531.gif

Dick.

tumblr_m5pzkxUZZ41ry61y5o1_250.gif

I handed back my season ticket after Ross County rebranded Victoria Park as The Global Energy Stadium. I was physically sick into my toilet bowl when I heard the news.

It was as if all the memories I had from Victoria Park were suddenly silenced the moment I read the news.

A fucking Shuggy Chavez avatar. It's a parody account fo sho.

Rangers International should have bought Austria Salzburg's pre 2005 history and trophies to add to the ones they bought from Rangers when they died. Imagine how successful they could pretend to be then.

Dick.

ronaldo-laugh-cristiano-ronaldo-19816966

Archived