Red Bull to buy an English club?

lanky_ffc

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love FC United. It's what football's all about. Plenty of videos on Youtube that make the hairs on the back on my neck stand up. Keep meaning to head over for a game.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIX5X6sBpAI

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfmydEssBow

f**k Red Bull. Fan ownership is the way forward. It's our game. f**k the suits.

Have a look at some non league forums in England and you will see that this club are not that popular with fans that lord it over all the other teams in what ever league they play in.

Have a look at some non league forums in England and you will see that this club are not that popular with fans that lord it over all the other teams in what ever league they play in.

It's a fine line, like. I mean, fundamentally, I like it, and fair play to them for actually doing something about it. Its probably more than I'll ever manage to do. At the same time, when you find out stuff like the 'AFC' in AFC Wimbledon stands for 'a fans club', it also comes across a bit pious.

It's a fine line, like. I mean, fundamentally, I like it, and fair play to them for actually doing something about it. Its probably more than I'll ever manage to do. At the same time, when you find out stuff like the 'AFC' in AFC Wimbledon stands for 'a fans club', it also comes across a bit pious.

Some of the other fans will be a bit jealous but yes AFC Wimbledon were not that popular with other non league teams. The problem FC United have is as they rise through the leagues they are becoming more and more a club set against its founding principles. They have had games moved for live TV so if the cash is on offer they will take it. Maybe they could be the Red Bull team after all.

:rolleyes:

Aye, money money money is the way forward eh? Wankpots getting paid more than fellas working their balls off doing manual labour for 70 hours a week, not to mention doctors out there saving people lives is fine.

Corporate scumbags ruling the roost while ordinary, dedicated, working class supporters get ripped off at every opportunity by these slimeballs who make make more money than they could spend in 10 lifetimes off a sport they couldn't give two fucks about.

Proud clubs, who are hundreds of years old, having their identity and history torn apart.

But we should all just accept this and pretend everything is fine within our game.

Dick.

peter-lawwell-laugh-o.gif

Stevie Aitkin's Love Child you seem like the bloke most likely to sort the myth from fact.

Did Red Bull delete initially claim the club was founded when they purchased it and only recognise it's history when the Austrian FA commanded them to?

To be honest with you, I only moved to Austria in 2010, so I've probably only read the same information and links as what has already been posted on this thread. It does however appear that what you say is correct.

I did notice that the new Austria Salzburg have their founding year as 1917 on their badge, despite only 'officially' being founded in 2005. I presume that they managed to purchase the old club crest when they bought the only name also.

As an aside, Austrian football is littered with advertising, from their shirts being plastered with about 20 different sponsors, to even club names. Until last season, Sturm Graz were officially renamed as 'FC Puntigamer Sturm', Puntigamer being a beer from the region. The club even altered their crest to include the brand name, much to the disappointment of the Sturm fans, who unveiled a huge banner at every game in the last two seasons demanding the removal of the brand from their crest.

There are several other examples in the Austrian Bundesliga alone - SV Josko Reid (Josko are a double glazing company), FC Trenkwalder Admira Wacker (Trenkwalder appear to be some sort of personnel service provider) and RY Pellets WAC (Pellets are an energy provider). The clubs seem to be happy to bend over to sponsors as long as they make some money out of it.

Anyone know if Red Bull is sold inside their stadiums? One could throw the cans at the owners if they are in attendance if one so wished

I know you're not being serious but the delicious irony of protesting against modern football by chucking Red Bull cans - which you've paid for in the ground where the team owned by Red Bull plays - would be nice.

It's kind of like the AMFers moaning about MODERN FOOTBALL then watching games on Sky.

To be honest with you, I only moved to Austria in 2010, so I've probably only read the same information and links as what has already been posted on this thread. It does however appear that what you say is correct.

I did notice that the new Austria Salzburg have their founding year as 1917 on their badge, despite only 'officially' being founded in 2005. I presume that they managed to purchase the old club crest when they bought the only name also.

As an aside, Austrian football is littered with advertising, from their shirts being plastered with about 20 different sponsors, to even club names. Until last season, Sturm Graz were officially renamed as 'FC Puntigamer Sturm', Puntigamer being a beer from the region. The club even altered their crest to include the brand name, much to the disappointment of the Sturm fans, who unveiled a huge banner at every game in the last two seasons demanding the removal of the brand from their crest.

There are several other examples in the Austrian Bundesliga alone - SV Josko Reid (Josko are a double glazing company), FC Trenkwalder Admira Wacker (Trenkwalder appear to be some sort of personnel service provider) and RY Pellets WAC (Pellets are an energy provider). The clubs seem to be happy to bend over to sponsors as long as they make some money out of it.

Again, thanks for the info much appreciated.

:rolleyes:

Aye, money money money is the way forward eh? Wankpots getting paid more than fellas working their balls off doing manual labour for 70 hours a week, not to mention doctors out there saving people lives is fine.

Corporate scumbags ruling the roost while ordinary, dedicated, working class supporters get ripped off at every opportunity by these slimeballs who make make more money than they could spend in 10 lifetimes off a sport they couldn't give two fucks about.

Proud clubs, who are hundreds of years old, having their identity and history torn apart.

But we should all just accept this and pretend everything is fine within our game.

Dick.

Meight this alias would be miles better if you hadn't outed yourself weeks ago. And even then it'd still only be 4/10.

As an aside, Austrian football is littered with advertising, from their shirts being plastered with about 20 different sponsors, to even club names. Until last season, Sturm Graz were officially renamed as 'FC Puntigamer Sturm', Puntigamer being a beer from the region. The club even altered their crest to include the brand name, much to the disappointment of the Sturm fans, who unveiled a huge banner at every game in the last two seasons demanding the removal of the brand from their crest

I noticed that! Recently I was in Innsbruck and we had been going to go and see Wacker Innsbruck play (didn't get there in the end) but we saw the home shirt and it was plastered in advertising.

After a conversation with a journalist outside the stadium we gathered that outside Red Bull Salzburg there isn't much money in the Austrian game.

I noticed that! Recently I was in Innsbruck and we had been going to go and see Wacker Innsbruck play (didn't get there in the end) but we saw the home shirt and it was plastered in advertising.

After a conversation with a journalist outside the stadium we gathered that outside Red Bull Salzburg there isn't much money in the Austrian game.

I'm 20 minutes away from Innsbruck, and get along to a few games a season. The sponsors on the football shirts are horrific I have to say, but the replica shirts don't come with quite so many logos which is a decent thing at least.

I saw a graph showing the club's budgets for last season a couple of months ago in one of the national newspapers, and Salzburg's budget was at 3 times larger than the nearest club, who so happened to be the champions Austria Vienna. I have no idea how Salzburg stay in the black on crowds of 8,000 with a €40 million a year budget.

Yeah, the AMF Brigade will be going off their collective nut. Which is a good thing.

It's okay for your team to be owned by a billionaire with no connection to the club, who in turn purchases players who have no connection to the club and play solely for money, but try and change the colours/badge/name of said club and there will be hell to play from the AMF Brigade (most of who make use of modern football's widespread TV coverage by sitting in pubs and watching games).

I hope they get involved in Leeds United. They strike me as a club where the fans are desperate for success but are also dyed in the wool AMFers.

So you wouldn't mind Ross County being rebranded Red Bull Dingwall?

Archived