Why England will win Euro 2008 - BBC 2003

jamiefitz

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How many knockout games have England won in international tournaments since 2008? Zero? The last time won a knockout game was 2006 - when France reached the final. Unlucky.

That was the last time France won a knockout game as well. You're genuinely mad if you actually believe any of this.

England are like the Tottenham, Arsenal and Liverpool teams of the past few seasons, good squad, strong first 11 when everyone is fit, but ultimately not quite good enough to go the whole way and last the pace when it really boils down to it.

Ffs Supras, give up!!!

BM,it's hard to actually underestimate just how badly you've done on this thread. The fact you've stuck around digging deeper doesn't change your horrific performance throughout.

That was the last time France won a knockout game as well. You're genuinely mad if you actually believe any of this.

What part of it isn't true? England and France have won the same amount of knockout games in that period - although France have qualified for one more tournament - as well as beating England in a friendly away in 2010. They also reached the final of the world cup in 2006 and have a significantly better international record than England. They are a much better side that footballs greatest underachievers - abandon this example like you did for your other two.

Yeah, that never happened though, typical blatant lying from BM.

What did happen was you using wikipedia stats, then "educated guesses" and going in a rage when this was laughed off the thread.

Labelling the England captain of the time nothing more than a nancy boy is pretty homophobic in my book.

Educated guess which were correct. Not like you to try and confuse things by emphasising a minor point though.

Labelling the England captain of the time nothing more than a nancy boy is pretty homophobic in my book.

Educated guess which were correct. Not like you to try and confuse things by emphasising a minor point though.

When did this happen? Be extremely specific.

Yeah, that never happened though, typical blatant lying from BM.

What did happen was you using wikipedia stats, then "educated guesses" and going in a rage when this was laughed off the thread.

While you're calling other posters liars, have you found that quote yet or are you going to admit you tragically made it up? Remember, there's £500 to a charity of your choice.

Or can you prove you're not a liar yourself (you can't)?

So are you saying you absolutely never insinuated that population wasn't a factor in how well national sides do in international football? Lets have an answer, please.

And, if the above is yes, have you changed that view?

Be specific. That was the very view I was mocking all along.

So are you saying you absolutely never insinuated that population wasn't a factor in how well national sides do in international football? Lets have an answer, please.

And, if the above is yes, have you changed that view?

Be specific. That was the very view I was mocking all along.

The quote which you have attributed to me is 'population has f**k all to do with it'. This is not a quote which I have ever posted on this site - it was desperately made up by yourself, a blatant lie.

To reiterate, if you can find this phantom quote and prove you're not a liar and just make up posts to suit your argument, then I will more than happily give £500 to a charity of your choice. The fact the quote was your signature apparently should make it remarkably easy to find.

Run along

The quote which you have attributed to me is 'population has f**k all to do with it'. This is not a quote which I have ever posted on this site - it was desperately made up by yourself, a blatant lie.

To reiterate, if you can find this phantom quote and prove you're not a liar and just make up posts to suit your argument, then I will more than happily give £500 to a charity of your choice. The fact the quote was your signature apparently should make it remarkably easy to find.

Run along

Do you still believe that population has no bearing on the chances of success for international sides? Be specific.

After all, that is the view I've been mocking all along - one you don't deny expressing. I'm not surprised you are clinging to the desperation above, you must be deeply embarrassed you ever expressed that view on this site. Why else would you continually avoid questions about it?

A few years back the Observer used to have a dedicated Sports magazine, The Observer Sports Monthly, and they did a similar excercise. The one player I remember pictured on it's front cover as part of the team that England could take to the 2010 World Cup was Phil Bardsley, the Scotland player.

I have always thought it would be more interesting to look at the players who did go to the tournaments and find out what they were doing at the time they were overlooked by the various media outlets.

Do you still believe that population has no bearing on the chances of success for international sides? Be specific.

After all, that is the view I've been mocking all along - one you don't deny expressing. I'm not surprised you are clinging to the desperation above, you must be deeply embarrassed you ever expressed that view on this site. Why else would you continually avoid questions about it?

I promise I will answer that question but, first things first, can you find the quote? Remember, £500 to charity.

Back into hiding you go, the more you avoid this the more embarassing it gets for you.

THEN I'll happily answer your question.

Not acceptable. I want to know what I'm looking for. I was mocking the viewpoint not the wording.

So if you expressed the view point, then yes the mocking has been and remains totally valid.

If you in fact said "population has nothing to do with it" as opposed to "population has f**k all to do with it" you'd be a slightly less crass idiot.

But still if you can find where I said you definitely used a certain wording, please find that quote.

You're looking for the quote you made up in post #835 in the Champions League thread, then said was your signature in post #837.

Now be very specific when you tell me where I have ever said that quote, or admit you lied and made it up.

This really is humiliating for you, I do wonder just how many other quotes you've made up in the past. A bit embarrassing really.

Did I ad lib the quote? Erm, yes, that's why it didn't have a time stamp on it. Did you not know that? :lol:

Right, well, anyway, I do distinctly remember that view being expressed. So, be extremely specific here, did you express it?

And yes, the view you expressed was in my signature for some time. If I only gave a shit, I might look for it, but your squirming around never answering the question amuses me far too much.

So, be extremely specific here, did you ever imitate in any sense that population had nothing to do with the success of international teams? If so, do you still have this view? Try not to run away crying this time, please.

Archived