Oneill and Keane for ROI

Interesting choice of picture on the BBC website for this story:

_70866431_oneill_keane_getty2.jpg

given the prevailing attitude towards wearing poppies amongst Irish republicans and their fellow travellers in mainland Britain. Would have been amazed if MON hadn't got the job as manager, but the Roy Keane as assistant thing is quite interesting. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting combo. Surprised at the FAI taking Keane on after he walked out on us in 2002.

Another manager who's teams play shite football. Yay.

Southern Ireland will always play shite football. They're a shite team.

The most northerly county in Ireland is in the free state. You are just showing yourself up as a total idiot tbf.

Southern Ireland and the failed statelet are the terms used on here for both the teams across the sea.

Why has keane agreed to this he fucking despises southern ireland :lol: hopefully he loses it and batters lesbian puss.

Legend has it Roy Keane asked Aiden McGeady what he was doing in the RoI dressing room with the implication being that he isn't really Irish and should have played for Scotland and the fallout from that led to a huge row prior to Keane's debut for Celtic against Clyde. Keane is a complete loose cannon. I'd give it about two defeats in a row before be would be having a go at Martin O'Neill for having an OBE or something along those lines if he wasn't part of the RoI management team and under an effective gag order.

Well the Latvia game was looking like a 10-15k game and now tickets selling fast for it so the FAI will recoup some of the investment quickly.

It will either work well or it wont and O'Neills job is easier with the 2016 Euros expanded to 24 and if Romania dont win both play off legs we will be second seeds. Which should be a lift even if there is not a lot between teams in pot 2 or 3

After Trappatoni there is a buzz about today so maybe that's half the battle

Of course they're not but it's hardly surprising on this forum. Most quotes seem to come from the Stuart Cosgrove book of p**h. It does surprise me when Celtic fans mock Ireland though unless.........

they're not Celtic fans :unsure2:

Hi, Seamus.

I can see there being a "bounce" effect from this appointment. They'll probably win their first 2-3 friendlies but then I can see it going belly-up at the start of the next set of qualifiers.

I hope we draw them for Euro 2016.

Archived