Oneill and Keane for ROI

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.football365.com/republic-of-ireland/9024317/Keane-Won-t-Apologise-For-Criticism

Christ. Already unwavering in his stance from the WC in 2002 and declaring that he an MO'N 'Certainly aren't buddies'.

If anyone still thinks this is going to be anything other than an unmitigated disaster, then I feel sorry for how deluded you are.

http://www.football365.com/republic-of-ireland/9024317/Keane-Won-t-Apologise-For-Criticism

Christ. Already unwavering in his stance from the WC in 2002 and declaring that he an MO'N 'Certainly aren't buddies'.

If anyone still thinks this is going to be anything other than an unmitigated disaster, then I feel sorry for how deluded you are.

It'll undoubtedly be hilarious and mildly interesting regardless so I'm all for it.

Roy Keane is a bully with no patience what so ever, you can just tell how much of a threatening presence he can be to young players in the side, wouldn't touch him with a bargepole unless i was assaulting him with it

Think so as well. The idiom he uses often seems more Belfast than Glasgow to me. Think the resident "failed statelet" Prod squad (AFJ, Jacksgranda and Dillinger) would have outed him by now, if he wasn't what he claims to be. They will be way more attuned to that sort of thing than I am.

:lol: I like the sound of that!

What I want to know is how is MON going to cope without having a chequebook to fall back on when they lose a game?

A copy of the FM database with Nationality: Ireland flagged, I should imagine. The same way Wales were doing a few years back when they were digging through the sheep farming provinces in Argentina trying to find a player who wasn't atrocious. Then again they did unearth Gareth Bale. So I guess O'Neill just needs to hope that a decent footballer is born in Dublin, which I don't think there has been since Robbie Keane.

I read today that McClean is getting his balls chewed again for correctly calling the Belfast Telegraph a sectarian rag. Feel sorry for the guy. The abuse he gets for f**k all is ridiculous.

Good to seem him playing brilliantly on Friday and I hope O'Neill sticks with him tomorrow.

Calling him a turncoat's a bit over the top. Then again that's not uncommon. I believe Klose and Podolski got similar treatment.

Different situations though. The media know perfectly well why the likes of McClean declare for the Republic whereas Podolski and Klose's decisions where probably more to do with Germany having a better chance of winning things than Poland.

I can see why the Poles would be upset at their decisions. They are genuinely jumping ship. But McClean genuinely believes he is playing for his own nation.

The media are deliberately stoking up tensions with comments like this and McClean is right to call them out on it. The Belfast Telegraph has previous for it too. Wouldn't wipe my hole with it.

Podolski plays for Germany, the country he has lived in since the age of two = jumping ship.

McClean plays for Northern Irish under 21s & is called up for the national team before deciding to wait for the Republic of Ireland = not jumping ship.

Archived