Oneill and Keane for ROI

Podolski plays for Germany, the country he has lived in since the age of two = jumping ship.

McClean plays for Northern Irish under 21s & is called up for the national team before deciding to wait for the Republic of Ireland = not jumping ship.

and that ladies and gentleman is how to f**k over Belfast_Tim's argument in 2 lines of text :lol:

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I watched the first half of this game last night (not because I cared about it but because it was the only game I could get in my hotel room, which is in Poland, which is where I am, in Poland) and they really have a job on, these two. I would fancy Scotland to beat the Republic quite convincingly at the moment.

Well it doesn't really matter if Scotland would beat them, does it, but given that this is a Scottish forum and everyone here is presumably on nodding terms with the strength of our national team, it seemed a fair comment to make.

Where I got it from is that Ireland were absolutely rotten against another rotten team, at least for the 45 minutes I watched.

and that ladies and gentleman is how to f**k over Belfast_Tim's argument in 2 lines of text :lol:

Not really. People in Ireland wanting to play for Ireland really isn't the same thing as playing for a foreign country.

McClean identifies with the flag and national anthem as his own and if asked what the capital city of his country is he would probably say Dublin.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived