New Inverness Caledonian Thistle Manager

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shiels would be much better suited to the Inverness job than the Hibs job. He'd invoke that community spirit that appears to be so lacking in the Highland capital. As for whether he'd better Butcher on the pitch, I have my serious reservations.

Agree with this. Thought Shiels for Hibernian was a terrible shout but for Inverness, it wouldn't be so bad. I think they could do worse.

On Paul Sheerin, after a bright start to his time at Arbroath, things have gone fairly stale their now you'd say, looking in from the outside. He's exhausted his contacts in terms of guys he played with and his signings appear to be getting gradually worse and less inspiring over time. Maybe Arbroath fans, who will know better, will say differently though.

The way Butcher has gone about things about Inverness since his return, notably his signing policy, means it'll be really interesting to see who they appoint and it's a really important choice for the club.

Jocky Scott, John McVeigh or Stewart Baxter.

But seriously, why would TB want to leave Sneck for the revolving door of ER? He's more chance of winning something there, at present, after 5 years work. The outlook for Hibs can't really better that.

IMO, there's only 1 job, in Scotland, he would leave for & that's with the tribute act.

Surprised hes leaving ICT for Hibs, a sideways step really at best as the squads sit, although his budget will be bigger his current wage bill is also bigger. Thought he'd have moved to England before another SPL club, but there you go

As most people seem to be slightly hinting, the more "important" aspect of this deal is Marsella, the clubs will probably have a larger fight over him than Butcher

^^^ Fail.

And how is that?

I've literally just got home, and haven't read the news, nor heard it for a few days. So this thread is all I have on the subject just now

On Paul Sheerin, after a bright start to his time at Arbroath, things have gone fairly stale their now you'd say, looking in from the outside. He's exhausted his contacts in terms of guys he played with and his signings appear to be getting gradually worse and less inspiring over time. Maybe Arbroath fans, who will know better, will say differently though.

I think Paul has done a great job at Arbroath. Promotion from Division 3 was almost expected of his team, which is a lot of pressure for a first season in management, so that alone was impressive but backing that up with a play-off spot the next year in the division above was an amazing achievement.

Since then he's lost a few good players but has kept the ship steady. I reckon he's done all he can do at Arbroath and when a suitable vacancy in the Championship turns up he'll be all over it. Possible ICT manager of the future, though.

Archived