New Inverness Caledonian Thistle Manager

Could be an interesting appointment if its him, similar to Butcher in being a motivator. Did a decent job at Falkirk (I always mind when he was there Falkirk scored goals but let them in too easily as well, I guess he was learning), victim of the high expectation levels by fans at Hibs after a poor run of results despite taking them to 4th in the SPL the previous season. Had 6 months at Hartlepool where he couldn't save them from the drop, but to be fair Hartlepool were in the relegation zone when he took over, was sacked without been given a chance to take them back up.

Probably a manager that needs stability for a while and learn the job, not sure about him as a tactician or his ability to find these hidden gems of players in the lower leagues Scotland or England which we will need if we are to remain a top six team, but I'm sure he will learn and have his own scouting team and his own ideas if it is him who is the choice.

We will find out later today.

Yogis scouting is basically signing ex Falkirk players :lol: :lol:

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Although I said right at the start that of the usual suspects I wouldn't mind Hughes, I am now gutted that we might have him :(

Just utterly uninspiring. The board have never gone for this sort of boring appointment before, why now?

Wonder if Owen Coyle will make a last minute application?

I think an SPL team might be his next stop actually. He'll struggle to get another gig in the championship having been sacked twice in that league.

I've got to be honest - he's probably been our weakest manager his John Connolly, who was terrible. The ones that followed - McInnes, Lomas and now Wright - were all better than him IMO.

John Hughes is a great manager IMO, would fit right in at Caley and take Terry's project further if given the same time and patience. His track record speaks louder than idiotic Hibs fans.

Got Falkirk promoted and kept them in the SPL for four years, then got Hibs to 4th then they got the hump and sacked him because that's what Hibs do.

Take note that a lot of fans both our own and other clubs thought Terry Butcher was a terrible appointment - http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/100068-butcher-unveiled-as-new-ict-manager/

Nobody knows how it will work out and in Butchers case it did despite the expert's opinions. :)

John Hughes is a great manager IMO, would fit right in at Caley and take Terry's project further if given the same time and patience. His track record speaks louder than idiotic Hibs fans.

Got Falkirk promoted and kept them in the SPL for four years, then got Hibs to 4th then they got the hump and sacked him because that's what Hibs do.

:lol:

We might have finished 4th that season and qualified for Europe but his football was pish except the first half of the 09/10 season.

Getting rid of Stokes and bringing in shite like Duffy and Valdas to replace him

Sky Sports Scotland @ScotlandSky 1m

Sky Sources understand Inverness CT will name John Hughes as their new manager at a press conference tomorrow #ICTFC

Personally, I cant wait till he sprinkles some gold dust, produces a rabbit from the hat and has his boys working hard in their boiler suits.

Edit: He's a pish manager. Falkirk fans warned us when he was appointed and we laughed at them. They were spot on though. Said he'd have us riding high at the start but once it started to go wrong there would be no turn around. We won 5 games out of 27 from February 2010 till October 2010 and he deserved to be sacked, we were well ahead in third place till the slump and we had to win on the last day to scrape fourth place. Stokes and Riordan only carried him so far. Valdas Trakys and Edwin De Graaf ffs!

Archived