Amsterdam

greenockraver

If you click on the word boekhandel it will give you a list of shops that stock it, it said Copa has it, very close to centraal station cool store selling old football shirts.
Ako and Brunna are listed as stockist there are a few of them in the city think there might be an Ako at Schipol

Cheers!! Copa will be visited.

• 1 month later...

In Amsterdam just now and heading to the zoo and GlowGolf tomorrow and am looking to head to a coffee shop before hand to try some of their goods. Can anyone recommend one nearby and anything worth sampling?

In Amsterdam just now and heading to the zoo and GlowGolf tomorrow and am looking to head to a coffee shop before hand to try some of their goods. Can anyone recommend one nearby and anything worth sampling?
Voyagers is a favourite of mine, it's just over the road from Centraal Station. The weed is consistantly good and the prices aren't too crazy. I'm a big fan of their Lemon Bubble.
Another go to coffeeshop for me is Utopia (on the street behind the palace on Dam square). The shop has recently been taken over by 'the plug' which is a coffeeshop style set up from Barcelona. Anyway, the menu looks rather good, stay clear of the american strains though, no weed is worth 30 euros a gram. f**k that.
It's in the wrong direction of where you are going but 1e Hulp is rather good too. I had some of their strawberry banana hash last month and it was top quality.

• 7 months later...

Bump

Anyone been to an Ajax game and got any tips for tickets? 3 of us are going to Amsterdam for a weekend in April, they're playing Excelsior so thought tickets would be pretty available. Official website has the odd loose ticket around the stadium, do more pop up available as the game draws nearer? Any other websites you can get tickets from, or is it a case of buying them on the day from a window? 

• 6 months later...
59 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Looking at hotels, there’s a nice looking one right next to Ajax stadium, anyone know how far away that is from all the touristy stuff and the city centre?

Bit industrial and high rise area, think I worked in a factory around there a while back. Not dodgy, just a bit boring. Probably about half an hour by tram. You'd probably get a much better hotel for less out there than staying in the centre though. Last time I looked the prices in the centre were ridiculous, ended up paying a fair whack for a shithole.

Edited by welshbairn

Looking at hotels, there’s a nice looking one right next to Ajax stadium, anyone know how far away that is from all the touristy stuff and the city centre?
The Metro takes about 15 - 20 minutes, the station is right next to the stadium.

12 minutes ago, stevieKTID said:
1 hour ago, Senor Bairn said:

The Metro takes about 15 - 20 minutes, the station is right next to the stadium.

Listen to this man, neither the stadium nor tube station were even built when I worked in the area. :lol:

Edited by welshbairn

Listen to this man, neither the stadium nor tube station were even built when I worked in the area. :lol:

You’re right though regarding hotels in the centre, some utter dumps at the same price as nice looking ones out there, if it’s only a 15 minutes away on the metro think I’ll book up.

48 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

You’re right though regarding hotels in the centre, some utter dumps at the same price as nice looking ones out there, if it’s only a 15 minutes away on the metro think I’ll book up.

Take the tram on occasion anyway, more to see than a concrete wall.

• 3 weeks later...
On 30/07/2019 at 10:31, Senor Bairn said:

Booked up for a weekend at the end of September with the girlfriend, any recommendations on touristy stuff to do?

Going to be weird going away to get into the biggest state possible.

https://foodhallen.nl/amsterdam

Cracking place for food with tons of choice.

6 minutes ago, stevieKTID said:

Totally agree! I popped in yesterday for a beer and some tacos

Amazed you're not still there :lol:

We went along with our pals who are vegan and we all raved about the place.  

Amazed you're not still there [emoji38]
We went along with our pals who are vegan and we all raved about the place.  
Its a leisurely 10 minute cycle from my apartment[emoji41]
The place lay derelict for years as well, it used to be an old tram depot.

16 hours ago, Senor Bairn said:

Thanks for the suggestions troops. I am buzzing

Take a boat tour it gives you a different perspective of the city but don't take one of the big touristy long boats, there are quite a few smaller companies providing tours.

Next to the Anna Frank house you have the Westerkerk you can do a tour up the tower, amazing views of the city.

8 minutes ago, stevieKTID said:

Take a boat tour it gives you a different perspective of the city but don't take one of the big touristy long boats, there are quite a few smaller companies providing tours.

We took a pizza and beer boat which was cracking fun.  Beer was well stocked and they pulled over near a takeaway and got pizzas onto the boat.  Worth every penny.