The Walking Dead - Season 2

Confidemus

P.C, on 23 Dec 2013 - 10:26, said:

I wonder if any choices from the 1st game influence the 2nd season

They do, I don't know it what way, but it asks for you to load your previous save up before starting.

It's not as good as the original season, purely because I felt more responsible as playing a character looking after a child than playing as the child but the first episode is still very good.

The bit with the dog was horrible!

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I take it playing the first game isn't needed and you can still play the second without it?

Played the first season on PS3 and really enjoyed it, thinking about just getting the second on Steam though.

ETA: Quick look around on their website says that's it's not needed, just recommended. Still need to play 400 Days, though...

Im assuming so. Sounds like it will play a bit like Mass Effect 2 did where you can import your decisions from the previous game or they will just give you a generic start

They do, I don't know it what way, but it asks for you to load your previous save up before starting.

It's not as good as the original season, purely because I felt more responsible as playing a character looking after a child than playing as the child but the first episode is still very good.

The bit with the dog was horrible!

The thing with the first game especially at the start is that you didn't know enough about Lee to know if he was guilty or not so kinda allows you to mess with the moral compass a bit without it seeming out of character. If that makes sense. Tho it was brutual just how dramatic your decisions turn out to be

Decisions from Season 1 do affect Season 2, even tiny ones. For example:

When Clementine drops her water bottle at the start, she can either say "shit" or "shoot" depending on whether Lee swore in the barn you slept in in S1E1.

Brilliant first episode. Loved every minute of it.

is it similar to the tv show? do you need to have seen the tv show to understand the game?

No, definitely not. Its based on the same graphic novels as the tv show, but assuming you know the basic background of the story ie zombies then you'll be fine.

The stories themselves are completely different

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Short but brilliant episode, this game just keeps getting better and better.

Staying behind to watch Kenny kill Carver was hugely satisfying, I'm not surprised over 70% of people did the same. Anyone else really hoping that wee c**t Sarah is dead? She's doing my head in.

Forgot about this completely, thats my night sorted.

I've done my back, lost at footie tonight and I'm a wreck for the final on Saturday, this is going to end in tears. :thumsup2

Great episode.

I forgot to check the credits, but was Michael Madsen the voice of carver? I never stayed behind to watch Kenny end Carver, I felt like staying would give him one last victory.

I don't know if everyone will have seen it but when Troy punched Clem on her arse, I was pretty gob smacked.

Archived