The Walking Dead - Season 2

Confidemus

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kenny is by far my favourite character from the series now. If he dies I'll be utterly devastated. He deserves to live more than anyone.

He better not have an eye infection and die as a result. That'd be a poor way for him to go.

• 1 month later...

Great episode.

I forgot to check the credits, but was Michael Madsen the voice of carver? I never stayed behind to watch Kenny end Carver, I felt like staying would give him one last victory.

I don't know if everyone will have seen it but when Troy punched Clem on her arse, I was pretty gob smacked.

Yip, Michael Mardsen voiced Carver.

• 3 weeks later...

Who didn't hug Kenny? As much as he could sometimes be a dick in season 1 he was still a mostly good guy and was there from the start.

I've really enjoyed season 2 but have found much of it missing Lee :-(

So. Episode 4!

Another really good episode. This season seems more focused on character development and has ditched the little puzzles, which imho is very much a good thing.

I chose to leave Sarah mostly as she was doing my head in previously. However as soon as I saw her getting torn apart I felt so much guilt. However what Jane said about Sarah being a continued liability softened the blow slightly.

The ending leaves it completely in the dark for the finale. f**k Arvo and those Eastern Europeans. Just fucking why? Also when did Rebecca get bit?

So. Episode 4!

Another really good episode. This season seems more focused on character development and has ditched the little puzzles, which imho is very much a good thing.

I chose to leave Sarah mostly as she was doing my head in previously. However as soon as I saw her getting torn apart I felt so much guilt. However what Jane said about Sarah being a continued liability softened the blow slightly.

The ending leaves it completely in the dark for the finale. f**k Arvo and those Eastern Europeans. Just fucking why? Also when did Rebecca get bit?

I don't think Rebecca was bitten, I think she just died from complications after the birth or maybe exhaustion, and of course they don't need to be bitten to turn.

I saved Sarah in the trailer but then she wound up getting killed in the attack at the observation deck, I think right from the beginning it was inevitable she was gonna end up dead at some point. The ending leaves it open for anything to happen in the last episode but I expect there will be at least a couple more deaths in the group right away.

This season has been good but I prefer season one. I think probably because Lee was such a good character and there was also the constant goal to protect Clementine and then towards the end of the season, rescue her. I'd also say there was a few more shocking and emotional moments in season one.

​I'm also a wee bit disappointed the characters from 400 days didn't feature more except from Bonnie, who was probably the worst one imo.

I don't think Rebecca was bitten, I think she just died from complications after the birth or maybe exhaustion, and of course they don't need to be bitten to turn.

I saved Sarah in the trailer but then she wound up getting killed in the attack at the observation deck, I think right from the beginning it was inevitable she was gonna end up dead at some point. The ending leaves it open for anything to happen in the last episode but I expect there will be at least a couple more deaths in the group right away.

This season has been good but I prefer season one. I think probably because Lee was such a good character and there was also the constant goal to protect Clementine and then towards the end of the season, rescue her. I'd also say there was a few more shocking and emotional moments in season one.

​I'm also a wee bit disappointed the characters from 400 days didn't feature more except from Bonnie, who was probably the worst one imo.

I remember in the first season that distressed lady at the motel claiming you don't need to get bitten to turn. However I'm pretty sure I've seen a few cases where people have died and then not turned. You're right though methinks.

Tbh I was wondering how in f**k the group were going to survive with a baby in tow. Although she was cold as, I found myself mostly always agreeing with Jane.

I remember in the first season that distressed lady at the motel claiming you don't need to get bitten to turn. However I'm pretty sure I've seen a few cases where people have died and then not turned. You're right though methinks.

Tbh I was wondering how in f**k the group were going to survive with a baby in tow. Although she was cold as, I found myself mostly always agreeing with Jane.

in the walking dead tv series it is explained that everyone lives with the infection that makes you turn when you die (bites only accelerate the proceess.) There's also an ongoing storyline with a surviving baby so it could always still be done here.

As for the game I liked the episode but for the first time it's really starting to get annoying that decisions mean SFA) Sarah dies anyway, Kenny is still pissed with you if you chop sunitas arm off or not, Jane always leaves the group. Hell, even arvo tells his group you stole from him even if you didn't which is just flat out fucking lazy writing. May as well be a comic strip.

Eta I just remembered another one, at the end you can alert the group about Rebecca turning or shoot her, I chose to alert the group because I knew shooting her would cause confusion and turn in to a shootout. Nevermind though, it doesn't make a jot of difference because somebody else does anyway, sigh.

in the walking dead tv series it is explained that everyone lives with the infection that makes you turn when you die (bites only accelerate the proceess.) There's also an ongoing storyline with a surviving baby so it could always still be done here.

As for the game I liked the episode but for the first time it's really starting to get annoying that decisions mean SFA) Sarah dies anyway, Kenny is still pissed with you if you chop sunitas arm off or not, Jane always leaves the group. Hell, even arvo tells his group you stole from him even if you didn't which is just flat out fucking lazy writing. May as well be a comic strip.

Eta I just remembered another one, at the end you can alert the group about Rebecca turning or shoot her, I chose to alert the group because I knew shooting her would cause confusion and turn in to a shootout. Nevermind though, it doesn't make a jot of difference because somebody else does anyway, sigh.

Its always been like that, though. There have always been key points in the game that had to happen a certain way to keep the central storyline.

Its always been like that, though. There have always been key points in the game that had to happen a certain way to keep the central storyline.

I know, thought they would have taken that on board after it's been the main criticism of the first season and TWAU.

I cant imagine its an easy thing to do though. How do you carry on the main storyline and account for so many multiple choices?

mass effect managed it with far more choices until they got lazy with me3. They could concentrate on one game with different paths instead of picking up multiple games (were stories from the borderlands and the wolf among us really necessary?) There was hardly a massive demand for either and the time spent on these could have been made to make choices in TWD actually matter instead of merely giving you the illusion of choice

mass effect managed it with far more choices until they got lazy with me3. They could concentrate on one game with different paths instead of picking up multiple games (were stories from the borderlands and the wolf among us really necessary?) There was hardly a massive demand for either and the time spent on these could have been made to make choices in TWD actually matter instead of merely giving you the illusion of choice

ME was a series of major, full price, titles. Its not really a fair comparison. And besides, did it really manage to have a significantly different storyline based on choices?

WD cost less than £4 an episode.

ME was a series of major, full price, titles. Its not really a fair comparison. And besides, did it really manage to have a significantly different storyline based on choices?

WD cost less than £4 an episode.

they still get a lot of sales (8.6m for season 1 alone) and its hardly like they have to spend a lot on graphics or gameplay is it? Not every choice would even have to make a big impact every time but when none do what's the point in the first place. Kenny will remember this? Well woopdy do it doesn't make a bloody difference.

they still get a lot of sales (8.6m for season 1 alone) and its hardly like they have to spend a lot on graphics or gameplay is it? Not every choice would even have to make a big impact every time but when none do what's the point in the first place. Kenny will remember this? Well woopdy do it doesn't make a bloody difference.

The ME series has sold over 20 million at more than double the price. As I said, its not really a fair comparison.

Yes, it would be nice if your decisions had more effect on the storyline but to expect a game with this sort of budget to have multiple major plot-lines is pretty unrealistic, in my opinion.

Archived