Bitcoin/cryptocurrency thread

4 hours ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

Not sure mate. Wouldn’t want to give financial advice. 

It's not financial advice as I have no intention of getting involved in this market.  I do wonder how high it will go before it retreats and who will be nursing the losses.

Today's biggest gain in the crypto space belongs to 'dogwifhat', with a market cap of just under 2 billion dollars.

Dogwifhat is a cryptocurrency, the logo of which depicts a dog wearing a hat. My research leads me to believe that there is no other coin currently offering this, making it scarce.

This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to buy at this price before it goes up, or down, from here. Personally I will be calling my family office broker to instruct a sizeable investment. 

image.png.5d168a2c21d04ccbc0efbde7e9ac0658.png

10 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

P&B needs its own crypto

You could be onto something. Dogecoin was originally created as a joke and was given out like P&B greenies on Reddit. It's now worth $25 billion.

42 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

You could be onto something. Dogecoin was originally created as a joke and was given out like P&B greenies on Reddit. It's now worth $25 billion.

It is a little ironic that all these cryptos that are supposed to replace the traditional monetary system needs a FIAT money to express value (I refuse to use the word worth).

2 hours ago, strichener said:

It is a little ironic that all these cryptos that are supposed to replace the traditional monetary system needs a FIAT money to express value (I refuse to use the word worth).

It's purely used for rubbing it in the faces of no-coiners to see how worthless their state backed currencies are becoming. 

A literal misspelled dog coin is appreciating against the worthless military backed poop.

About two years ago, in a moment of drunken bravado, I bought £1000 of bitcoin. The price then fell through the floor. I became despondent over the next few months. I then gave up on it wrote off the grand.

Seeing this thread back on the first page of the forum made me check. I'm pleased to report that I've doubled my money. 🤑