Ryan Gauld

DjembaDjemba

Does it matter how he is doing. He could be rattling in a goal game being breathtaking going forward and lighting up games. He will still not fit into our system of backs to the wall formation with the excuse of he's a luxury we can't fit into the team.

You all know it

Does it matter how he is doing. He could be rattling in a goal game being breathtaking going forward and lighting up games. He will still not fit into our system of backs to the wall formation with the excuse of he's a luxury we can't fit into the team.You all know it

Ryan Gauld - the creative midfielder - will not fit into the system that gets the most out of our strongest area. The midfielders.

Swing and a miss.

Haha head out the sand we don't have strong area. We're pish

:lol:

I said "strongest".  As in it's better than the defence we're severely lacking in, and the forwards that we don't really have either.  You do get the concept of relativity in that sense, don't you?

If Gauld turns out to be the creative midfielder he has the potential to be, then he could easily fit into the system we play.  I know that doesn't fit your admittedly well structured agenda, but them's the breaks Kenny doll.

How do we know there not good enough until we play them. Gauld would be in my team everytime as of 2 years ago playing just behind the stiker. The team are crying out for a bit flair. I would have tierney playing left back every game with Robertson attacking left mid, were missing a trick not having those 2 playing on the left together imo.

Robertson over next 2 seasons will blossom into a special player for us.  With those two exciting players on the left creating plenty of chances in the box its perfect for our most natural goalscorer to get a game in rhodes.

This would be a very attack minded team but SCOTLAND managers just dont have the balls to do it.

Sticking a left-back out wide certainly sounds like the sort of attack minded football Scotland are crying out for.

Does it matter how he is doing. He could be rattling in a goal game being breathtaking going forward and lighting up games. He will still not fit into our system of backs to the wall formation with the excuse of he's a luxury we can't fit into the team. You all know it

Could have sworn that Shaun Maloney played nearly every game in the last campaign, a guy who is basically the exact same type of player as Gauld.

Craig killie Guald is same type as Maloney ha haha. Also Robertson creates more attacks than any other player we have. He will also out grow the left back position he currently adopts at club level when he moves to a bigger club.

No need to explain anymore to you as clearly you know sweet FA about football in the modern era. Go back to praising Chris Martin ya tadger

I can't claim to have followed maloneys career in great detail bit is he not usually deployed as a winger?

Hes a number 10 who gets punted onto the wing as everyone has a fetish for wingers who cut inside

Maloney was and still is rank rotten, apart from being able to deliver 1 good set piece from 10 attempts.

He is mid 30s so finished at international level so buy your reckoning gauld will be taking his slot as there alike after all.

Maloney was and still is rank rotten, apart from being able to deliver 1 good set piece from 10 attempts. He is mid 30s so finished at international level so buy your reckoning gauld will be taking his slot as there alike after all.

Not sure I follow your logic. Maloney is rank so Gauld will come in and replace him? Or are you interpreting whats been said as Maloney is rank therefore Gauld is rank. That one is a non sequitur, nobody is saying that as far as I can tell.

Maloney had a good campaign last time round. He was great against Ireland in particular. It might be time for Gauld to take over from him over the next campaign as by all accounts it seems he is progressing well. 

Robertson is certainly better bombing forward than he is defending so having him left mid isn't so crazy. We drastically need to reduce the age of our squad and just accept that it might be another couple of campaigns before we can hope to qualify. Tierney, Robertson, Burke, Wilson, Paterson, Mcginn - get them in and keep them in.

Maloney was and still is rank rotten, apart from being able to deliver 1 good set piece from 10 attempts. He is mid 30s so finished at international level so buy your reckoning gauld will be taking his slot as there alike after all.

Maloney was arguably our star of the last campaign.

Just a shame it took him so long to become a first pick, one of Strachan's big successes was building the team round him and finally getting the best out of him.

Whether he's got another full campaign in him is another issue though.

This kenny is a lunatic and best ignored.

Also can't agree with the above poster who agreed with using Robertson as a winger. He is a good attacking full back as he excels at picking it up deep and driving past players. Playing as a winger is completely different and I don't see him being effective there. Coentrao was a good example, a nobody winger who turned into an excellent attacking full back.

:lol: WTF.

Maloney was our best player in the last qualifying campaign.

Mid 30s means f**k all these days the way players look after themselves.

Robertson is certainly better bombing forward than he is defending so having him left mid isn't so crazy. We drastically need to reduce the age of our squad and just accept that it might be another couple of campaigns before we can hope to qualify. Tierney, Robertson, Burke, Wilson, Paterson, Mcginn - get them in and keep them in.

We don't "need" to do anything like that.  Just because most international squads are younger, doesn't mean that you can't win things with a group of slightly older guys.  We need to pick our best starting 11 right now, because we clearly have a chance of qualifying for the World Cup.  Our best starting eleven contains a number of younger players anyway, and there are likely to be more of them on the fringes of the squad.

Danny Wilson has barely proven himself at Scottish Championship level, so the idea that he should be in the Scotland squad is ludicrous.  I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Rangers replacing him this season.

Tierney Is more suited to playing further forward than Robertson

Tierney is a much better defender than Robertson, so much so that I could even see him playing centre-back at some point in his career.

This kenny is a lunatic and best ignored.

Also can't agree with the above poster who agreed with using Robertson as a winger. He is a good attacking full back as he excels at picking it up deep and driving past players. Playing as a winger is completely different and I don't see him being effective there. Coentrao was a good example, a nobody winger who turned into an excellent attacking full back.

Lunatic because I don't agree with you. If your going to pluck names out yer arse who failed to move position similar to robertson then Bale was a left back pretty sure he don't play there now so your point is horseshit.

It's just my opinion I think he will move further forward at club level and when he does it will benifit our team no end.

As for the perps who think our sqaud is not too old are you guys watching the euros on TV because we ain't there. Our average age is 3yrs more than any team there.