Ryan Gauld

DjembaDjemba

That's farcical actually, how anyone could look at Tierney, a small, quick, talented, skillful player whose main strengths are running with the ball and his technical skills and think yeah stick him centre half, jesus christ remind me never to listen to a word you say about football ever again. Laughable, I'd happily bet you a million quid he won't play CB for one second of his entire career, there is literally no chance of that.

I'll take that bet, thank you.

I'd rather the decision of whether Tierney could make a decent CB was based on whether he could actually perform the role, rather than how big and strong he is.  Isn't that the attitude that we're trying to leave behind?

Tierney isn't big for his age at all, hes 19 FFS, thats an adult in terms of football these days.

For a 19 year old lad he's got some build on him I'd say. Compared to so many younger guys you see with a gangly skinny build, someone like Robertson for example was like a twig at that age.

post-14721-14663684740401_thumb.jpg

post-14721-14663684836791_thumb.jpg

post-14721-14663684920572_thumb.jpg

post-14721-14663685023416_thumb.jpg

This is just guess work btw. No idea if these players are actually under 23 but I think they are. Possible future players... Pretty bleak but if you look at the guys in the team now you wouldn't have thought any of them were up to much at that age.

Keepers

Bain

Defenders

Robertson

Tierney

Kingsley

Patterson

Midfielders

Gauld

Fraser

Burke

McGinn

Walker

Nicholson

McKay

McGregor

Christie

Forwards

Cummings

Anyone able to expand on that? Obviously just meaning established first team players at clubs not all the youth guys that haven't played.

I posted this in the other thread for players that are Under 26.

Looking ahead to the players that will be representing Scotland in the coming years -

Scotland's Under 26 team: (Caps)

All players have been called up in the last 12 months.

__________________Scott Bain (0)

Robertson (10) - Hanley (22) - Steven Kingsley (1) - Paterson (1)

Forsyth (4) - McLean (1) - Armstrong (0) - McGinn (1) - Forrest (13)

_______________Griffiths (7 with 0 Goals)____________________

Edited by Marr1

Is he as tall as that? Still too small for a CB really unless he grows a bit and couldn't possibly be less suited to playing there, it is also a complete waste of him as it stops him doing everything he is good at. No chance he will ever play CB, Kingsley might though, especially left of a 3 at the back he would be very well suited to that.

Cannavaro was about 5"9 and Puyol 5"10. No such thing as too small for any position if you're good enough.

Can certainly see why our squad is on the old side. Most of the young players we have aren't good enough , if they were they would be in the team.

In the likes of Naismith, the Fletchers, Brown, Morrison, Whittaker, Maloney, Hutton etc we've just had a generation of players who weren't good enough to get us to a major tournament. They're now all either in their 30's or will be soon so their international career is coming to an end.

The problem we have is the generation we have coming behind them - the under 25's in the squad - look like they're going to be of an even lower standard. Our best young player is a left back for Hull City. Desperate times indeed. Apart from him... Em... Grant Hanley?

They have been told they aren't good enough publicly by Strachan ..In fact Strachan has publicly said all his team aren't good.   Who would want to play for someone who doesn't have faith in any of his players ? 

They have been told they aren't good enough publicly by Strachan ..In fact Strachan has publicly said all his team aren't good.   Who would want to play for someone who doesn't have faith in any of his players ?

Imagine one of the players came out and said we'll struggle to qualifycause the mmanager isn't very good.

It'saactually a true statement, most of them have played at a better level thanhhe's managed at too.

Im

Imagine one of the players came out and said we'll struggle to qualifycause the mmanager isn't very good. It'saactually a true statement, most of them have played at a better level thanhhe's managed at too. Im

Haha - that would be f'ing hilarious  :lol:

They have been told they aren't good enough publicly by Strachan ..In fact Strachan has publicly said all his team aren't good.  

The same Strachan who's in the paper today saying that he feels we're better than some of the teams at the Euros?

This is just guess work btw. No idea if these players are actually under 23 but I think they are. Possible future players... Pretty bleak but if you look at the guys in the team now you wouldn't have thought any of them were up to much at that age.

Keepers

Bain

Defenders

Robertson

Tierney

Kingsley

Patterson

Midfielders

Gauld

Fraser

Burke

McGinn

Walker

Nicholson

McKay

McGregor

Christie

Forwards

Cummings

Anyone able to expand on that? Obviously just meaning established first team players at clubs not all the youth guys that haven't played.

Chris Cadden has a chance and he's only 19 with half a season behind him.  If he can develop further next season I don't see him being at Motherwell much longer.

The same Strachan who's in the paper today saying that he feels we're better than some of the teams at the Euros?

Honestly, how can he come out with a statement like that when we didn't qualify in the first place  ?  

He probably reads forums like this so it's no surprise and no coincidence that he would come out with a defensive statement to counter his previous negative ones . 

Quite frankly the guy has too much time on his hands ( especially at the moment )  and is desperate to justify his position and keep himself in the limelight. 

In hindsight I would imagine he wished he had said nothing .