Ryan Gauld

DjembaDjemba

bambino trying to argue that McGinn should be in ahead of McLean. :lol: There's absolutely no way to argue that point and not look like a simpleton.

Yes there is.

They're both completely different types of players.

McLean is a more creative player and arguably uses the ball better, McGinn is more box to box who's good at winning the ball back.

Just out of interest, how would you describe an Englishman who prefers to represent Scotland instead of his own country ? Perhaps traitor was a wee bit strong on my part, and I am certainly not a xenophobe.
The English, even when they pick their best players, are always found wanting in International football so why would we be wanting cast-offs with even less to offer ? Why not, by your thinking, recruit Spanish/Portuguese/Italians etc as they are not Scottish either ?

From your previous posts you can tell your footballing knowledge is really really really poor and that you rarely watch any football. You have never seen Gauld play ? Did you never watch scotsport when he played for Dundee United ? Did u refuse to watch it because graham speirs was on and you thought he didn't sound Scottish enough?[emoji23] also saying we shouldn't select English born players partly because England are found wanting in international football- that's a matter of perspective they are miles ahead of Scotland unfortunately ranked 14 in world and haven't lost a World Cup qualifier since 2000. They have lost 6 qualification games this century and haven't lost a qualifier euro or world since 2009 (euros to Ukraine think) guys like James morrison born in england but have been really committed to the cause the last 10 years see no reason why they shouldn't play for Scotland.

From your previous posts you can tell your footballing knowledge is really really really poor and that you rarely watch any football. You have never seen Gauld play ? Did you never watch scotsport when he played for Dundee United ? Did u refuse to watch it because graham speirs was on and you thought he didn't sound Scottish enough?[emoji23] also saying we shouldn't select English born players partly because England are found wanting in international football- that's a matter of perspective they are miles ahead of Scotland unfortunately ranked 14 in world and haven't lost a World Cup qualifier since 2000. They have lost 6 qualification games this century and haven't lost a qualifier euro or world since 2009 (euros to Ukraine think) guys like James morrison born in england but have been really committed to the cause the last 10 years see no reason why they shouldn't play for Scotland.

Tbf your own post isn't exactly factual either. Ryan Gauld was 12 when Scotsport was cancelled. [emoji1]

Tbf your own post isn't exactly factual either. Ryan Gauld was 12 when Scotsport was cancelled. [emoji1]

Lol that explains it then because scotsport sounds more Scottish than the English sounding sportscene he stopped watching...... wasn't Scottish enough [emoji23]

Kenny Mclean should be getting a call up before Mcginn, McGregor and Gauld.

Agree with this. Thing is though it's a position we're very strong in.

Don't know why people seem to laugh when McGregors names mentioned. Good wee player. Certainly done much more than Gauld anyway, and McGinn too for that matter.

18 hours ago, forameus said:

It's quite sad that you're not a troll to be honest.

Taking your ridiculous points in order

1) I wouldn't really describe him as anything.  Like I said, I want the best options that we have available and who are eligible.  I don't care where they were born.  I don't care what they sound like.  I don't care if they dont know the words to Flower of Scotland, or if theythink a haggis is an animal.  

2) It was strong, and aye you are.

3) Again, because they're better options than we have, and they're eligible.  It really isn't that hard to understand.

4) Are they eligible for Scotland?  Then pick them.  If not, then don't.

Simple enough?

OK we are never going to agree on this, no point in getting abusive. My view is that only Scots should represent the national team, whereas you believe that people with Scots ancestors should get the chance. Fair enough, you have the rules on your side, I accept that. Would you concede though, that since we started using non Scots, we are even farther away from reaching any major tournaments ? I`m not blaming this solely on English (and lets face it ALL the ringers are English) players but could it be a coincidence that the fire has left the national team at times ?

10 minutes ago, Dullard Bluteau said:

OK we are never going to agree on this, no point in getting abusive. My view is that only Scots should represent the national team, whereas you believe that people with Scots ancestors should get the chance. Fair enough, you have the rules on your side, I accept that. Would you concede though, that since we started using non Scots, we are even farther away from reaching any major tournaments ? I`m not blaming this solely on English (and lets face it ALL the ringers are English) players but could it be a coincidence that the fire has left the national team at times ?

I'd imagine we're farther away from reaching major tournaments because we're not very good and haven't been for some time.  That's absolutely nothing to do with where players are from.  Some of your lauded Scots will care less about how they do with their country as the non-Scots you seem to hate.  Equating success with this mythical "fire" is antiquated at best.

1 hour ago, forameus said:

I'd imagine we're farther away from reaching major tournaments because we're not very good and haven't been for some time.  That's absolutely nothing to do with where players are from.  Some of your lauded Scots will care less about how they do with their country as the non-Scots you seem to hate.  Equating success with this mythical "fire" is antiquated at best.

I know you are deliberately misunderstanding my points, however I stress that I don't hate non -Scots, I just want our team to be Scots and preferably Scottish league based. You don't concur with this of course but its only my opinion.

As for the other poster who reckons I don't go to football (and who didn't know about Scotsport, lol) it may only be Saints that I watch but at least I go and pay my money without subscribing to satellite companies. I know England also make use of the so-called Granny rule, its not done them much good either yet. Bet they don't use any Scots though.

This whole thing is becoming so tedious now. I have merely said that I don't approve of Englishmen playing for Scotland. I know the rules say that its permissible, I just don't agree. This is neither racism or xenophobia, any more than most fans hoping our nearest rivals lose any match they are involved in.

My sister was born in Pakistan, and she's no less Scottish than I am (I was born in Edinburgh).

People who have a very straightforward relationship with their nationality (born in the same country as they grew up in, parents also born in that country etc) often find it hard to understand that other people see things differently.  It's perfectly natural to identify with more than one nation and culture if they're all there in your background and upbringing.   

I know you are deliberately misunderstanding my points, however I stress that I don't hate non -Scots, I just want our team to be Scots and preferably Scottish league based. You don't concur with this of course but its only my opinion.
As for the other poster who reckons I don't go to football (and who didn't know about Scotsport, lol) it may only be Saints that I watch but at least I go and pay my money without subscribing to satellite companies. I know England also make use of the so-called Granny rule, its not done them much good either yet. Bet they don't use any Scots though.
This whole thing is becoming so tedious now. I have merely said that I don't approve of Englishmen playing for Scotland. I know the rules say that its permissible, I just don't agree. This is neither racism or xenophobia, any more than most fans hoping our nearest rivals lose any match they are involved in.

They tried to get Burke to switch to them. Born in Scotland but lived most of his days in England.

On ‎29‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 00:21, dogmc said:

Has dullard voiced an opinion on gough or maloney yet?? Or does old firmness trump birth outside of Scotland? ?

No, he has not voiced an opinion on either of these players. The old firm are of little consequence to a Saints fan, other than stealing most of our fan base.

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully he'll do better under a more sensible Chairman. If he's good enough to be a regular in the Portuguese top flight (before being recalled) he should be good enough for the Scottish Prem/English Championship sort of standard where we get most of our internationals.

Sorry, meant to say, he's finished. Burger King awaits.