Ryan Gauld

DjembaDjemba

Did no one watch Gauld when he was on loan at hibs? How did he look?

He only played 5 games hardly fair to judge the lad on one loan spell when he barely got a chance. If he gets a move to a bigger team there’s no harm in having a look at him. He’s been playing well and attracting interest from higher levels. I doubt he’ll be in our Euro squad but he’s every chance of getting a cap in the future if he continues to impress.

1 hour ago, San Starko Rover said:

He only played 5 games hardly fair to judge the lad on one loan spell when he barely got a chance. If he gets a move to a bigger team there’s no harm in having a look at him. He’s been playing well and attracting interest from higher levels. I doubt he’ll be in our Euro squad but he’s every chance of getting a cap in the future if he continues to impress.

He’s playing easily well enough at his current team to justify a call up. Moving to a bigger team in Portugal (or elsewhere) just makes a call up unavoidable.

On 26/03/2021 at 00:26, Gordopolis said:

Ryan Gauld says working at the Burger King drive thru is more exciting than this shirt number pish.

A gold name badge means front of house, expert greeter.  A silver name badge means back of house, cook.  A red name badge means trainee.  A black name badge means owner. 

Edited by Savage Henry

3 hours ago, Insaintee said:

Six games no goals is the answer you're all looking for.  Looked no better than Scott Allan, Stevie Mallan etc 

Kevin Nisbet recently went through that exact same spell - for the same club side - being a striker and he earned a call up to the national squad. 

This is a tad awkward. 

14 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Kevin Nisbet recently went through that exact same spell - for the same club side - being a striker and he earned a call up to the national squad. 

This is a tad awkward. 

I have to say watching Scotland struggle to pass, retain and recycle the ball in the last three games the likes of Gauld, Gilmour and Turnbull must feel pretty sick not to be able to get in that squad. They're three of our players with the highest technical ability.

Particularly watching Christie and Armstrong utterly stink the place out and McGregor  completely shit his pants every time the ball came near him it must be pretty galling.  Or gauling if you prefer.

This. They should have been called up - even if they hadn't played a minute - they could have shown what they can do in training.

Gauld is on fire in Portugal, despite playing for a struggling team. Turnbull is outperforming Christie at Celtic and Gilmour is just a million times better than Kenny McLean!

On 02/04/2021 at 16:28, HalfCutNinja said:

I have to say watching Scotland struggle to pass, retain and recycle the ball in the last three games the likes of Gauld, Gilmour and Turnbull must feel pretty sick not to be able to get in that squad. They're three of our players with the highest technical ability.

4 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

This. They should have been called up - even if they hadn't played a minute - they could have shown what they can do in training.

Gauld is on fire in Portugal, despite playing for a struggling team. Turnbull is outperforming Christie at Celtic and Gilmour is just a million times better than Kenny McLean!

I really think Gilmour and Patterson should be in already. They're just better than what we have in those positions. Turnbull can consider himself very unlucky too.

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/04/2021 at 10:16, ArabFC said:

Reports today suggesting that Clarke hasn’t even picked up the telephone to Gauld which if correct is really disappointing.

Unfortunately Clarke will likely call up guys like Griffiths and Considine into the extra places than the likes of Gauld.

2 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Reports today suggesting that Clarke hasn’t even picked up the telephone to Gauld which if correct is really disappointing.

Unfortunately Clarke will likely call up guys like Griffiths and Considine into the extra places than the likes of Gauld.

It's bizarre. I've watched some of Gauld's games recently and every game he's been the stand-out player every time - madness that he hasn't been given a chance!

Edited by ArabFC

4 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

It’s poor management mate, plain and simple. He should have been given an opportunity by now.

I do struggle to see why you wouldn't name him in the squad last time out, even just to get a look at him. He couldn't really have done any better this season, is now ranked 3rd best player in the league. A league btw that is miles better than ours.

I do struggle to see why you wouldn't name him in the squad last time out, even just to get a look at him. He couldn't really have done any better this season, is now ranked 3rd best player in the league. A league btw that is miles better than ours.

With Farense looking good to go down, I think a big Portuguese team will snap him up. Hopefully its not a charlie Adam situation