Ryan Gauld

DjembaDjemba

2 minutes ago, HalfCutNinja said:

Only once has any Scottish team outside the Old Firm even qualified for the EL group stages. Only once, ever.

The same EL that Braga got out of the group stage this year for about the millionth time and got to the fucking final in 2011. Braga the 4th best team in Portugal. 

I can't handle this level of bammerism. 

Our league is utter shite, theirs is miles better. Anyone attempting to argue that is clearly at it.

Right...what does a team reaching a final a decade ago have to do with the 17th best team in Portugal? Please be very specific here. Can you actually point me to any of the specific players from the likes of Vicente or Rio Ave you believe are elevating this league into such lofty status? It’s just, going on your own logic Ross County have as much to do with Scotland’s rise up the coefficient table as Celtic & Rangers do. 

Just now, TheGoon said:

Right...what does a team reaching a final a decade ago have to do with the 17th best team in Portugal? Please be very specific here. Can you actually point me to any of the specific players from the likes of Vicente or Rio Ave you believe are elevating this league into such lofty status? It’s just, going on your own logic Ross County have as much to do with Scotland’s rise up the coefficient table as Celtic & Rangers do. 

What are you talking about you utter rinser? You're all over the place. I'm not elevating them to any status, fucking UEFA is. They're the ones that rank the leagues, I didn't decide it myself.

Can you point to any specific players from fucking St Mirren or Ross County who elevate our league to being as good as the 6th best league in Europe? 

I can't handle this, its too much stupid. You're a walloper and our league is shite. Accept it.

What are you talking about you utter rinser? You're all over the place. I'm not elevating them to any status, fucking UEFA is. They're the ones that rank the leagues, I didn't decide it myself.
Can you point to any specific players from fucking St Mirren or Ross County who elevate our league to being as good as the 6th best league in Europe? 
I can't handle this, its too much stupid. You're a walloper and our league is shite. Accept it.

That’s some amount of hate you have for our league there.

3 minutes ago, HalfCutNinja said:

You’ve had an absolute shocker here my man. Perhaps actually try watching some of the league before you make this much of a tit of yourself again.  

Just now, TheGoon said:

You’ve had an absolute shocker here my man. Perhaps actually try watching some of the league before you make this much of a tit of yourself again.  

I watch it all the fuckin time. You're an idiot. The 4th best team in that league got to the actual final of the EL, our 3rd best team can't even get to the group stage.

You're the one who said our league and theirs are "much the same". Its not me that's made a tit of myself here.

1 minute ago, HalfCutNinja said:

I watch it all the fuckin time. You're an idiot. The 4th best team in that league got to the actual final of the EL, our 3rd best team can't even get to the group stage.

You're the one who said our league and theirs are "much the same". Its not me that's made a tit of myself here.

Can I once again ask about their 17th best team mate, for about the 15th time. 

27 minutes ago, HalfCutNinja said:

Only once has any Scottish team outside the Old Firm even qualified for the EL group stages. Only once, ever.

Hang on, when did that happen?

1 minute ago, DC92 said:

Hang on, when did that happen?

Aberdeen when they got a draw with Bayern that year.

Apart from that every other year every single Scottish team outside the OF has gone out in the qualifiers. We have lost to teams from every diddy country in Europe, from Skonto Riga to Bohemians. Our teams are the very definition of European cannon fodder, every single year for decades. 

Just now, HalfCutNinja said:

Apart from that every other year every single Scottish team outside the OF has gone out in the qualifiers. We have lost to teams from every diddy country in Europe, from Skonto Riga to Bohemians. Our teams are the very definition of European cannon fodder, every single year for decades. 

That’s strange, the glorious UEFA rankings have us just outside the top 10. 

14 minutes ago, HalfCutNinja said:

I didn't realise you were also counting the UEFA Cup. In that case, it's twice because Hearts qualified in 2004/05, comfortably knocking out Braga on the way, funnily enough.

1 hour ago, RobbieD said:

As for Ryan Gauld. I’ve watched him a couple of times this season and was impressed. With Jack and McLean both out and the squad being increased to 26 players, minus 3 keepers and 3-4 strikers, I’m not having there are 9-10 midfielders we have better than Gauld. 

Jack and McLean would both have played deeper in midfield so them being injured doesn't really impact on Gauld much. He'd have been more likely to get in if the likes of Christie or McGinn had been injured.

8 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Jack and McLean would both have played deeper in midfield so them being injured doesn't really impact on Gauld much. He'd have been more likely to get in if the likes of Christie or McGinn had been injured.

It does if it means McGinn moves deeper. We are very light in that area now unless McTominay plays there, but that would weaken us at the back as he is our best option there too.

Just now, HalfCutNinja said:

It does if it means McGinn moves deeper. We are very light in that area now unless McTominay plays there, but that would weaken us at the back as he is our best option there too.

I like McGinn as an attacking midfielder. But he's been playing a bit deeper for villa and getting better at it.

He can certainly play as one of the central pair and it allows us to bring in one of our better young players. Rather than someone like fleck.

Gauld scored or assisted 16 of their 31 league goals. Very impressive season in a poor team. 

Will be interesting to see where he ends up. Hopefully the rumours of Braga come to fruition, as that feels like a good fit.

Opta ranked him 4th best player in the league in December then 3rd best player in the league in April

So that's 3 rankings one makes him 4th best in the division, one 3rd, one 2nd.  Its generally regarded in Portugal he's the best player in the league outside the big 3.