Ryan Gauld

DjembaDjemba

Agree with Stu, bottom of the barrel 'journalism'. Someone given the task of putting together a filler piece and finds an easy way to do so by asking the opinion of someone else who obviously knows nothing about the lad but provides enough cliches to build an 'article' around.

Agree with Stu, bottom of the barrel 'journalism'. Someone given the task of putting together a filler piece and finds an easy way to do so by asking the opinion of someone else who obviously knows nothing about the lad but provides enough cliches to build an 'article' around.

I take it the journo approached the sporting coaches and was told to sling his hook.

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty sure it was the number 45 that made the killer pass for both was it not? Heard he was one of the best players in this game though, playing more centrally. Sent off at the weekend though.

Looked like Gauld, though I suppose he doesn't have the monopoly on wee playmakers in midfield. Hard to tell with the potato quality video.

Call me pessimistic, but how much of an improvements as a player can he be making playing reserve team football in Portugal?

I doubt anyone of us know the standard, but I doubt it's higher than player in the Premiership for Dundee United

Edited by Enrico Annoni

Call me pessimistic, but how much of an improvements as a player can he be making playing reserve team football in Portugal?

I doubt anyone of us know the standard, but I doubt it's higher than player in the Premiership for Dundee United

Out side of the top 3 in Portugal the top league is a similar level to our Premiership

I think the main thing is he is getting coaching to develop his skills & obvious talent.

SPL might give him game time, but probably end up amongst the growing number of 'nearly-made-it's

The pass for the 1st goal was defo Gauld, did a few similar through balls at United.

The first goal is 100% definitely not Gauld, it's the number 45, if you pause it right at the start of the replay you can see the number on his back and he doesn't look like Gauld.

Likewise with the second goal, pause it right on the replay and it's the number 45...

Ideally the 45 would be Scottish.