Fallout 4

Goran

Anyone particularly familiar with the Boston area? My only gripe compared to Fallout 3 is that it was a surreal experience to see all the world-famous monuments in their post-apocalypse condition. I haven't had any of that for this game, purely due to my own ignorance of the area. I'm sure the American players would get more out of it in that respect.

A Fallout game based in London could be fun for that reason, although the hideous Cockernee accents would grate pretty fast. Would be nice to know what's going on over in China too - I don't think the games have included any information about what life's like outside the US, have they?

I've been reading the lore recently, Europe and the Middle East had a resource war of their own where Tel-Aviv was blown up in a nuke terror attack.

Imagine the experiments the Vaultech-UK would unleash in London :lol:

A vault with one Englishman and 99 Scotsman.

I've been reading the lore recently, Europe and the Middle East had a resource war of their own where Tel-Aviv was blown up in a nuke terror attack.

Imagine the experiments the Vaultech-UK would unleash in London :lol:

A vault with one Englishman and 99 Scotsman.

With 80% of the males named Gary and not due to cloning.

I'm just going to say it - I'm not getting into this anywhere near as much as I got into Fallout 3, New Vegas or Skyrim.

How far into it are you? Sort of felt the same until the main quest started beefing up.

How far into it are you? Sort of felt the same until the main quest started beefing up.

I'm about to go to the Glowing Sea.

I just feel the sidequests aren't anywhere near as interesting as the other games I mentioned, although I did like The Silver Shroud.

Everyone has different tastes , you wont find me saying that even though I did enjoy Skyrim alot i found it rather meh once the main quest was done. I havent even got to the glowing sea yet , im level 33 i probably should go there soon..... anyhoo , ive quite like doing the BoS and Railway missions , also big on the minutemen but im struggling to look after all the places.

I'm just going to say it - I'm not getting into this anywhere near as much as I got into Fallout 3, New Vegas or Skyrim.

I'm about to go to the Glowing Sea.

I just feel the sidequests aren't anywhere near as interesting as the other games I mentioned, although I did like The Silver Shroud.

Like, with Skyrim especially I could play it for hours and not get bored. I find myself getting bored of this after an hour.

i was the same with Skyrim and Oblivion, preferred the stories on Oblivion.

thought FO3 was superior to FO:NV

getting going with this, few niggles like the lack of change in conversation, (standing with Nick and you get the Synth? option) still, its fun :D

running out of bullets for my Spray and Pray mind you.

Like, with Skyrim especially I could play it for hours and not get bored. I find myself getting bored of this after an hour.

Im not sure where you're seeing the differences. The side quests in all 3 are "speak to someone -> go somewhere -> find something/kill someone(things) -> go back to first person"

Has anyone been using the Gamma Gun from the Children of Atom?

When they started firing it at me I SHAT myself. Half bar rads immediately?

I'm unsure if it's a general use weapon or not but it's fun to shoot bubbles of Gamma radiation at enemies...

Has anyone been using the Gamma Gun from the Children of Atom?

When they started firing it at me I SHAT myself. Half bar rads immediately?

I'm unsure if it's a general use weapon or not but it's fun to shoot bubbles of Gamma radiation at enemies...

Seems to take ages to kill folk for me.

I've found myself with nothing to do now. Except shitey minutemen missions.

The game gets old really fast when you complete the main quest line.

There are not even other factions with their own separate quest lines. It's a sandbox and it's just underwhelming. As I said it seems more focused on settlement building and that is poorly implemented and I'm not interested in it anyway. If that's what you're into there are far better games to do it with.

Im not sure where you're seeing the differences. The side quests in all 3 are "speak to someone -> go somewhere -> find something/kill someone(things) -> go back to first person"

I dunno. I've always preferred high fantasy settings to post-apocalyptic ones, so that'd be a factor. I guess I was just expecting a bit more from this one. This feels more like Fallout: Boston (in the same way as Fallout: New Vegas) rather than a sequel.

I never played fallout 3, I really find it a great game, could it possibly be those that played FO3 Had such large expectations its not living up to them?

Possibly.

I can remember saying when Fallout 4 was announced that a big part of Fallout 3 was wandering around Washington DC and seeing locations like The White House, Lincoln Memorial, Washington Monument etc. - places that people around the world know and love. And that I had concerns that wandering around Boston wouldn't be the same, because it's nowhere near as iconic. And I say that as someone who's always enjoyed reading and learning about American History.

Here's what I said (almost bang-on two years ago now):

A bit underwhelmed with Boston if that's true, to be honest. The appeal with Washington and Las Vegas was that you could wander around places you knew, that were recognisable landmarks. How many folk can realistically name a handful of landmarks around Boston?

Edited by Gaz