Fallout 4

Goran

Not played this since about 2 weeks after the release. Been tied down with work etc for months and now I have a few weeks off to play this :D Been that long since I played it I can't even remember what the last quest was I done, all I remember is I've been to diamond city and the glowing sea. I'm level 22 and have about 24hrs playtime, that's gonna change over the next few weeks. Looking forward to getting back into it!

I started to play this again yesterday after a couple of weeks off it and it totally grabbed me again.

I'm at about 40 hours gameplay and I've only really finally started to dig into the story mode (just got to Diamond City and completed the first couple of missions there). I feel as if I'm now learning about the game, how to increase health and make the best weapons etc.

It is just an amazing game.

I started to play this again yesterday after a couple of weeks off it and it totally grabbed me again.

I'm at about 40 hours gameplay and I've only really finally started to dig into the story mode (just got to Diamond City and completed the first couple of missions there). I feel as if I'm now learning about the game, how to increase health and make the best weapons etc.

It is just an amazing game.

It's amazing. I haven't played in a few days and chomping at the bit to get back to it.

I still have halo masterchief collection, elder scrolls online and killer instinct that I have bought and are yet to Grace my xbox

It's amazing. I haven't played in a few days and chomping at the bit to get back to it.

I still have halo masterchief collection, elder scrolls online and killer instinct that I have bought and are yet to Grace my xbox

I've only scratched the surface I feel but I'm itching to get back on it.

Working though.

I've only scratched the surface I feel but I'm itching to get back on it.

Working though.

I'm level 69 (fnar) and I have only just done the glowing sea. Behemoth vs death claw and raiders was an amusing random encounter last time I played. I have a few glitched quests mind you

Are there many dungeons that have to be explored in this game? Always thought that was the worst part of Fallout 3 and Skyrim.

Dungeons in Fallout? :huh:

There are a few sewer/underground sections...don't remember how many of them were compulsory. There's also a subway network, but I don't think it's anything like as extensive as in Fallout 3.

I mean anywhere underground where there's puzzles and I spend half my time walking around in circles in near darkness.

I think you're safe enough. You have a light built in to your Pip-Boy too.

Didn't you take torches with you in Skyrim?

Yeah I did, always preferred being above ground though. Surprised I got into Skyrim as I usually hate anything fantasy. Said I'd complete the main quest before hooking up my PS4 but got bored around half way through trying to learn that shout to beat Alduin/find Elder Scroll underground. Just switched off the 360 and about to set up the PS4 now. Got GTA 5 with it and have TLOU arriving on Wednesday.

Edited by Pete Rockwell

I mean anywhere underground where there's puzzles&I'm that and I spend half my time walking around in circles in near darkness.

There's a lot less creeping about in darkness, thankfully. Radscorpions and ghouls appearing out of fucking nowhere is shite but it at least happens outside.

so after all this time I have gone onto the prydwyn. anyone else find the minigun a piss poor weapon to take things down with ?

oh and the amount of times I can ask about power armour and be told not until you are a knight whilst rocking my X01 VI (or is it VII I cant remember) is mental.

I have bigger guns, better armour (even Macready has better armour) and then I have to take Danse.

still as he counts as a forced follower im back to 600 carry weight

For anyone who's completed the main story

I completed the main story siding with the railroad in the end, I've carried on a little but it just seems to be rescuing synths (which feels like carbon copies of helping settlements for Garvey) is there anything substantial worth carrying on for? If not I may just start again and probably follow a different path.

On the thread I've seen people talk about updates for the game, larger map etc, I don't really know anything about this, is it worth getting? Do I need to pay for it?

For anyone who's completed the main story

I completed the main story siding with the railroad in the end, I've carried on a little but it just seems to be rescuing synths (which feels like carbon copies of helping settlements for Garvey) is there anything substantial worth carrying on for? If not I may just start again and probably follow a different path.

On the thread I've seen people talk about updates for the game, larger map etc, I don't really know anything about this, is it worth getting? Do I need to pay for it?

There has been DLC announced, including a large expansion - map, quests, weapons etc. You will need to pay for this.

They've also announceded the dev kit will be released which will allow easier creation of mods. Given the mods available for 3 and Skyrim there will definitely be free mods with extra quests, maps etc which will be free

Still not found the railroad yet and I'm level 30 this game is vast.

I'm at 21 and just finding more and more stuff to do. I should probably start to focus on the missions but I keep getting side tracked by other things.

so after all this time I have gone onto the prydwyn. anyone else find the minigun a piss poor weapon to take things down with ?

Yes. It's to distance combat what the sniper rifle is to melee.

Still not found the railroad yet and I'm level 30 this game is vast.

I was about level 70, I think.

You need to make the effort to follow the trail - you'll never randomly stumble upon all of the markers while doing other quests, like I naively thought I might.