Fallout 4

Goran

Collect all the pipe pistols and other shite weapons at the raiders have then go to a settlement and drop/discard them there. Then go into settlement mode and you can scrap them individually to get screws, copper etc. You can scrap them at a weapons workbench too but don't get as much from each weapon.

Magnolia's good for a screw, but just the one. My technique must be rusty :(

Use 'Component View' on your Pip-Boy when you're carrying something with a screw in it, and use the 'Tag for Search' option. Anything with a screw in (including containers) will glow green. You'll find screws are a lot more common than you thought.

Haven't had problems with finding components in ages, mainly because I pick up absolutely bloody everything. The 'Strong Back' perk might seem like a waste of four skill points, but it's been brilliant for me - much quicker to get around when overencumbered, and I only need to fast travel the once when I've cleared a place out and need to transport 3000lbs of junk :P

Anyone want to share a picture/name of their Sole Survivor? I'm sure some of you have some interesting abominations that could only have been created by a cruel and vengeful God ^_^

My lassie's called Elise 'cause it was the first name that sprang to mind for some reason (and I didn't realise there was a bank of names that Codsworth will recognise and call you). Will share a picture when I'm at the gaming machine. I know someone on here's bound to have a character called Princess Sexy Titties :lol:

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Codsworth/recognized_names

Deckard... hmmm.

Re: screws there's a scrapper perk as well - though I don't have it- which lets you salvage screws from the more mundane items. Desk fans and microscopes are good for them as well

As for me, I've managed to lose both Piper and Hancock this evening, been round all my settlements and neither can be found anywhere! Piper showed up at a scripted point in Diamond City

(when you kill the mayor)

but not been found anywhere else.

I'm going to finish off the main story at the weekend ( and just see what I can discover until then. Did the Cabot missions tonight, the story there was good.

Is there a power armour station at the castle? If there is I'm really struggling to find it.

No, you'll have to build one if you want it. There's an industrial water purifier outside the walls, however, and the whole place comes pre-wired for that and extensive lighting - you just need to attach a generator.

OK people, lets talk screws.

Where can I get a screw in this world?

Desk fans. I think they've got 2 screws and are pretty common.

Imacca.jpg

I finished the "main story" last night. Shades of a certain part of Fallour 3 and I don't think that's a spoiler, especially as it's a branching story.

Still a shit ton of stuff to do though.

Cheers everyone. I've been picking up desk lamps but I didnt realise toys had them too. Ive been selling weapons, never thought of scrapping them like that :thumsup2

I have them tagged for search already, but I also have a few other things tagged. I should probably go through and untag stuff I have plenty of

Cheers everyone. I've been picking up desk lamps but I didnt realise toys had them too. Ive been selling weapons, never thought of scrapping them like that :thumsup2

I have them tagged for search already, but I also have a few other things tagged. I should probably go through and untag stuff I have plenty of

I generally find oil and gears a fucker to find when I'm building defences and electrical items at settlements.

No, you'll have to build one if you want it. There's an industrial water purifier outside the walls, however, and the whole place comes pre-wired for that and extensive lighting - you just need to attach a generator.

Ah superb. Didn't realise there was already a water purifier there though and ended up building one anyway. Cheers.

I generally find oil and gears a fucker to find when I'm building defences and electrical items at settlements.

The Wicked Shipping Lockup is your friend for oil. A few canisters and oil cans kicking about there, plus the items respawn quickly, so just pop back and forth and build up a decent amount. I think I was modding some weapons when I noticed I only had about 30/40 oils, now by doing the above I'm above 400.

On that note, does anyone know of any other locations where items respawn relatively quickly? I've still not ventured very far down the map, but I know of the Wicked Shipping Lockup, Thicket Excavations, Bedford Station & Flight 1981 wreck which all are all relatively close to one another that do. The latter normally has various different enemies appear every time I go as well, so good for looting and XP building.

I could probably spend a good couple of hours at a time just floating between those places gathering stuff. A lot of weapons and ammo stashes too, as well as first aid cases for stimpaks etc. Approaching 90 hours played and still not reached double figures in quests completed...

The Wicked Shipping Lockup is your friend for oil. A few canisters and oil cans kicking about there, plus the items respawn quickly, so just pop back and forth and build up a decent amount. I think I was modding some weapons when I noticed I only had about 30/40 oils, now by doing the above I'm above 400.

On that note, does anyone know of any other locations where items respawn relatively quickly? I've still not ventured very far down the map, but I know of the Wicked Shipping Lockup, Thicket Excavations, Bedford Station & Flight 1981 wreck which all are all relatively close to one another that do. The latter normally has various different enemies appear every time I go as well, so good for looting and XP building.

I could probably spend a good couple of hours at a time just floating between those places gathering stuff. A lot of weapons and ammo stashes too, as well as first aid cases for stimpaks etc. Approaching 90 hours played and still not reached double figures in quests completed...

irritatingly, this is where Preston and his never ending quests come in handy, they usually kick off item respawns (the satellite one esp with the mini nuke)

I find the hospitals a goldmine for Aluminium (surgical trays, cafeteria trays).