Fallout 4

Goran

OK people, lets talk screws.

I need some and I need some bad. I've upped my gun nut level and Ive plenty of other materials but Im way short of screws for any mods to my weapons.

Where can I get a screw in this world?

that old hag trashcan carla sells a consignment of screws,she's usually at sanctuary or the drumlin diner,otherwise desk lamps and toy trucks/cars and handcuffs. Edited by ALJAGS76

Great shout. Need plenty of space mind you as he's a heavy wee horsey.....

Get the perk that lets you fast travel while over-encumbered. Go to location, get all the gear that's there, then fast travel direct to your workshop. Gets it all in one go if you've got a spare skill point.

The Scrapper perk is pretty useful as well.

Scrapper may well be the reason that I don't have trouble with finding things like screws, actually. Every now and then I'll wade through the mountain of weapons I've stored at a settlement and recycle anything I've got more than ten of. More screws than Wayne Rooney on a Saga holiday.

Anyone short on oil: you can apparently create cutting fluid at Chemistry Stations, which is made from acid, bone, purified water, and steel. It breaks down into 3 oil :thumsup2

No doubt we're all familiar with the easy way to get loads of adhesive, which is a bitch to find otherwise - make sure each settlement has a wee area of corn, mutfruit, and tato plants being maintained by settlers, and pick them every time you stop by. At a cooking station, you can combine them with purified water to make vegetable starch, which can be used as 5 adhesive :D

Decided the worst thing on the game is that Marcy Long is unkillable. Finally snapped at her incessant whinging in spite of the fact I've now built Sanctuary up to be a vibrant little hamlet, did a quicksave, and then flamed her to "death" - of course she's invincible so all that happens is the rest of the guys in Sanctuary including Codsworth turn hostile and she restores health after a few seconds.

Presume on the PC you can mod this, but sadly not on PS4.

Collect all the pipe pistols and other shite weapons at the raiders have then go to a settlement and drop/discard them there. Then go into settlement mode and you can scrap them individually to get screws, copper etc. You can scrap them at a weapons workbench too but don't get as much from each weapon.

Im not getting screws from weapons. Im also not getting anything different when I scrap them in settlement mode or on the workbench

Has anyone noticed that raw materials sometimes respawn at settlements? It's only happened to me at Sanctuary, and I thought I was imagining it at first, but the trees definitely reappear over time after being scrapped. Don't think I've noticed it anywhere else.

Haven't been able to play yet this year, and I think the earliest I'll get another shot now is Sunday. Got the post-apocalyptic DTs, I'm tellin' ya.

Im not getting screws from weapons. Im also not getting anything different when I scrap them in settlement mode or on the workbench

There's a perk that lets you recover increasingly more exotic parts from scrapping items, and I think you need the first level of it to get screws from ****. You don't get much from bog-standard pipe pistols IIRC, but the ones with mods (and the more exotic weapons) yield more interesting components.

Edit: that was supposed to be "screws from guns" - I'll leave you all to guess which letter I mistyped! :lol:

Edited by BigFatTabbyDave

Im at the bit when we are back at the refuge which was near the family home but can't find any more food apart from melons! Where do i go to get food or what else can i do?

Go to Diamond city, they've got Tato's growing in the city walls, harvest them and return to Sanctuary.

Go to Diamond city, they've got Tato's growing in the city walls, harvest them and return to Sanctuary.

Thats the bit where i first found the settlers across the bridge?

Loving the game btw - it helps for me that i never did too much research into what it would be all about as it is coming as a surprise for me as i thought it would be more of a first person shooter.

You need the Scrapper perk for that to work. Level 1 get's you screws and gears, level 2 allows you to harvest advanced stuff like fibre optics and nuclea rmaterial from your guns.

Loving the game btw - it helps for me that i never did too much research into what it would be all about as it is coming as a surprise for me as i thought it would be more of a first person shooter.

It's not, that was Concord where you find Preston, Diamond City is further south, if you speak to him you can start the quest to go there.

It's not, that was Concord where you find Preston, Diamond City is further south, if you speak to him you can start the quest to go there.

Im not sure if i have found anyone called Preston. There is a black guy and one guy who likes doing DIY and some annoying old woman who wants an inhaler. I take it there are different ways this game can pan out depending on what decisions you make - i.e. when that geezer comes to the door at the beginning i said that i wanted a place in the vault if need be but i could have said i didn't want it and ended up going elsewhere?

Anyone want to share a picture/name of their Sole Survivor? I'm sure some of you have some interesting abominations that could only have been created by a cruel and vengeful God ^_^

My lassie's called Elise 'cause it was the first name that sprang to mind for some reason (and I didn't realise there was a bank of names that Codsworth will recognise and call you). Will share a picture when I'm at the gaming machine. I know someone on here's bound to have a character called Princess Sexy Titties :lol:

Mine is called Max Power. Codsworth calls me Max, I call him Codsworth. Its just a thing we have

You're a bit early in the game to be worrying about different vegetables :lol:

As others said, theres some in Diamond City but as you start doing more quests and discovering more settlements, some already have crops growing that you can harvest and plant elsewhere

You need the Scrapper perk for that to work. Level 1 get's you screws and gears, level 2 allows you to harvest advanced stuff like fibre optics and nuclea rmaterial from your guns.

Ah, that wasnt obvious from the other post. Cheers :)

The outside lavvy on Spectacle Island :lol:

Im not sure if i have found anyone called Preston. There is a black guy and one guy who likes doing DIY and some annoying old woman who wants an inhaler. I take it there are different ways this game can pan out depending on what decisions you make - i.e. when that geezer comes to the door at the beginning i said that i wanted a place in the vault if need be but i could have said i didn't want it and ended up going elsewhere?

Preston's the black laddie with the cowboy hat you meet in Concord. You don't get a choice about signing up for the vault, as your spouse will strongarm you into doing it no matter what. What you can do is not go to the Vault when the alarm goes off, and experience nuclear annihilation first hand :P

There's a spoiler regarding the Vault-Tec Salesman that I'd love to tell you, but probably shouldn't :whistle