Fallout 4

Goran

Been doing mostly Minutemen missions amongst others lately. Went back to BoS just now and at Boston airport. Is there going to be any conflict of interest between the two later on or is it worth just finding out for myself?

Also, all this talk of people with pretty awesome weapons, do I need to level up a lot to get these or is it just pot luck finding them?

Been doing mostly Minutemen missions amongst others lately. Went back to BoS just now and at Boston airport. Is there going to be any conflict of interest between the two later on or is it worth just finding out for myself?

Also, all this talk of people with pretty awesome weapons, do I need to level up a lot to get these or is it just pot luck finding them?

First point, probably best to find out for yourself but if you'd rather know in advance:

There can be, depends how you play it. My playthrough they were fine but I know a mission exists where the BoS try and attack the minutemen once the Insitute is taken care of.

I think as long as you don't piss off the BoS by attacking them at any point or looking like you're ever going to side with the Institue before switching back to one of the other parties then they don't attack you back

Second point

Best weapons I've found have all been off legendary enemies or rewards for completing quests. Either that or you can use gun nut perks and rifleman / pistol / automatic damage perks to make existing ones better. My shotgun now does 135-ish damage and rifle 102 with a 50% mirelurk damage built in, I'm at level 43 with the 4* rifleman perk and will get to 5* once I hit level 46 and it unlocks.

What's everybody's favourite legendary weapon effect?

I've had a two-shot combat rifle for ages, and it tears through everything. I've just found another two-shot item (some kind of shotgun, I think; haven't checked), but I think I'd swap pretty much every weapon I have for a two-shot variant of the same.

Two-shot gauss gun...*drools*...that's the dream. Although someone did find this, apparently...

C5Gltsc.jpg

Where do I get a never ending gun?

Anyone else on the Prydwn (sp?) yet? It's pretty awesome!

Some of the traders probably have them, but your best bet is to find them on Legendary enemies, who're guaranteed to have a Legendary item of some sort on their personage. Apparently you find more Legendary enemies on higher difficulty levels, and I must admit that I'm always running into them on Survival.

Never-Ending isn't that big a deal anyway, as there's a crapton of ammo scattered about the Commonwealth. Would definitely be good for a Fat Man, possibly a Missile Launcher, maybe a gun that uses .50 caliber bullets, but you can keep anything else supplied with ammo easy enough.

Where is everyone finding ammo for the Gauss rifle? Cant find any of the 2mm rounds absolutely anywhere.

I didn't find any at all until well into the game - probably Level 20 or something like that. I remember picking some up and wondering what it was for. Started finding them now and then after that, and they've been everywhere since I found the gun itself. It's possible that they're still fairly scarce, as I only use it on Super Mutants (50% bonus to damage - woohoo!).

Edit: just checked, and I've got 484 of the 2mm electromagnetic cartridges at Level 67; used less than 50 in all, I'd say. More than 13,000 .38 slugs :blink:

Edited by BigFatTabbyDave

I didn't find any at all until well into the game - probably Level 20 or something like that. I remember picking some up and wondering what it was for. Started finding them now and then after that, and they've been everywhere since I found the gun itself. It's possible that they're still fairly scarce, as I only use it on Super Mutants (50% bonus to damage - woohoo!).

Edit: just checked, and I've got 484 of the 2mm electromagnetic cartridges at Level 67; used less than 50 in all, I'd say. More than 13,000 .38 slugs :blink:

Yeah, I try to sell mine for caps - scrapped all my .38 guns - utterly useless after the early parts of the game.

What's everybody's favourite legendary weapon effect?

I've had a two-shot combat rifle for ages, and it tears through everything. I've just found another two-shot item (some kind of shotgun, I think; haven't checked), but I think I'd swap pretty much every weapon I have for a two-shot variant of the same.

Two-shot gauss gun...*drools*...that's the dream. Although someone did find this, apparently...

I've got the two shot combat rifle too :) I've got a poisoner sniper rifle too, but didnt really see much affect with that.

ETA - I've got a bit further in the main mission and the games opened up quite a bit

Just been into the Institute. Guessed the plot twist, although not straight away. So, I now have missions for all the different factions on the go. I take it that wont last forever and I'll have to choose at some point?

Edited by Mr X

I've got the two shot combat rifle too :) I've got a poisoner sniper rifle too, but didnt really see much affect with that.

The poisoned stuff is pish - tiny wee amount of damage taken off over time. Useless outside of the early game.

Although it did lead to one slightly amusing situation where a Super Mutant was surviving on fumes and decided to make a run for it. Before I could shoot him in the back (like a true hero), he shrieked and flopped to the floor in the kind of high camp manner you don't often see outside of a Carry On film. Left his corpse doing the splits and casually leaning against a tree like he was enjoying a warm down drink after ballet class :P

Pickman's blade is brilliant for attacking enemies quickly, run through a raider camp slashing people and watching them bleed out is gratifying

I shot the legs off a ghoul then used Kremvths tooth to poison it. Standing over it watching the life ebb away was braw.

I then switched the game incase im a serial killer though.

I shot the legs off a ghoul then used Kremvths tooth to poison it. Standing over it watching the life ebb away was braw.

I then switched the game incase im a serial killer though.

I enjoy shooting a leg and 2 arms off a Synth. Watching them sit there completely helpless is fucking hilarious

I ended up with a Synth following me around an underground station, seemingly trying to bum me. He'd lost his arms in a firefight and was apparently unaware that he could have stuck the heid on me, so he just kept running into my back ineffectually. I think one of his comrades put him out of his misery in the end, but it was most amusing while it lasted :P

First point, probably best to find out for yourself but if you'd rather know in advance:

There can be, depends how you play it. My playthrough they were fine but I know a mission exists where the BoS try and attack the minutemen once the Insitute is taken care of.

I think as long as you don't piss off the BoS by attacking them at any point or looking like you're ever going to side with the Institue before switching back to one of the other parties then they don't attack you back

Second point

Best weapons I've found have all been off legendary enemies or rewards for completing quests. Either that or you can use gun nut perks and rifleman / pistol / automatic damage perks to make existing ones better. My shotgun now does 135-ish damage and rifle 102 with a 50% mirelurk damage built in, I'm at level 43 with the 4* rifleman perk and will get to 5* once I hit level 46 and it unlocks.

I'll just find out for myself then.

I think that's where my mistake has been still only level 20 something but have been using my level ups to lock pick and carry extra weight for trading and building etc rather than that. My favourite weapon at the moment is a surpressed 10mm pistol and it only has a 37 damage rating.

ETA - I've got a bit further in the main mission and the games opened up quite a bit

Just been into the Institute. Guessed the plot twist, although not straight away. So, I now have missions for all the different factions on the go. I take it that wont last forever and I'll have to choose at some point?

Yeah, I'm at the same bit really, doing main quest missions for the Railroad and BoS - there is a sequence you can do the missions in that allows you to do the maximum number of missions for each faction but I think no matter what happens you always end up blowing shit out of two of the other three factions. I was gonna plow on with the Minutemen faction even built the teleporter using the minutemen but frankly, Preston garvey annoys the shit out of me,so I switched to the railroad becuase I find the whole transhumanism angle with the snyths interesting, and how could I say no to Babylon 5's commander Ivanova!

I enjoy shooting a leg and 2 arms off a Synth. Watching them sit there completely helpless is fucking hilarious

I missiled an assaultron and blew its legs off, then turned to tackle a Mr Cutsy thinking id go back to it, completely forgot it could still use its eye beam until the sky starting glowing :lol: