Fallout 4

Goran

Bumped the difficulty up to survival and focused instead on building the settlements and noticed they've become a much greater target which is good. The game feels much better and I find approaching it on its own terms instead of treating it as a Fallout game makes it more enjoyable.

Likely a stupid question, but is there a point in the game where it becomes more common to find Deathclaws randomly roaming about the place? I was about 100 hours in before I came across my second Deathclaw in the game, near Outpost Zimonja - the first being at Concord early in the game. Yet I'm now only about 5 hours on from there and I've just come across 3 in the space of about 15 minutes - 2 which were fighting one another. One was at the starlight drive in, the other two between Tenpines Bluff & Thicket Excavations. Just seemed a bit odd that it had taken 100 hours to see my second one, but then that I could find 3, relatively close to one another in about 15 minutes.

Edit: Almost forgot, I'd seen another one not long after the second one as well, but had decided to leave it be.

Edited by Kris.

Likely a stupid question, but is there a point in the game where it becomes more common to find Deathclaws randomly roaming about the place? I was about 100 hours in before I came across my second Deathclaw in the game, near Outpost Zimonja - the first being at Concord early in the game. Yet I'm now only about 5 hours on from there and I've just come across 3 in the space of about 15 minutes - 2 which were fighting one another. One was at the starlight drive in, the other two between Tenpines Bluff & Thicket Excavations. Just seemed a bit odd that it had taken 100 hours to see my second one, but then that I could find 3, relatively close to one another in about 15 minutes.

Edit: Almost forgot, I'd seen another one not long after the second one as well, but had decided to leave it be.

The further from sanctuary, the more common. Deathclaws are a 5 bullet kill come level 40+.

I bought some rounds for a .44 pistol and I'm certain they aren't reloading or do I need to be out of my current ammunition for it to reload? I have that special pistol that has .44 bullets that you find near sanctuary.

I bought some rounds for a .44 pistol and I'm certain they aren't reloading or do I need to be out of my current ammunition for it to reload? I have that special pistol that has .44 bullets that you find near sanctuary.

You press X to reload, but you do that with your weapon drawn, not in the Pipboy.

ETA - you dont have to be out of ammo to reload. The bottom right of the screen shows how much ammo is in the weapon and how much you have in total. Again, this shows when you have the weapon drawn

Edited by Mr X

On the ammo tip,if I assign a weapon to a companion,do they use up my ammo for it or is it infinite for them?

Each companion has a deafult weapon with infinite ammo but if you physically assign them one then the ammo you give them is finite.

I was using McCready most recently and I just dump off al the .38 ammo I find to him with the appropriate gun as I never use automatics.

I keep thinking I'm nearly done with this game, then I discover another wee corner of the map, just there it was the ship with the Norwegian raiderghouls. Although I have had a look at a wiki page for it and I think barring the radiant quests (f**k you Preston) I'm down to about 4 side quests that I haven't done and / or can't do because of how I played the main story out.

can't see me going back for another playthrough so think by the end of the weekend I'll probably be finished.

Not too far. Couple of hours if you aren't doing any other missions in between.

Main story is peesh anyway! FO3 and New Vegas were much better for that.

I dont see whats particularly worse about the main story in 4 compared to 3, to be honest.

Im a little further on from DPN1 and enjoying it

Thats me just dealt with kellogg :lol: think the "hunt" for hims meant to be a tutorial for dealing with things. Instead it was just a mild nuisance as ive levelled up too far.

Thats me just dealt with kellogg :lol: think the "hunt" for hims meant to be a tutorial for dealing with things. Instead it was just a mild nuisance as ive levelled up too far.

That was one of the first missions I done. It's s great game that way. Everyone's games will completely different.